Recipe by Geniale Genie
My pantry is running very low on baking supplies, but I had a box of raisin-bran cereal that had too many raisins that I wanted to use up. So, I chose to adapt my other recipe: 1 Minute, No Bake, Cocoa Delicacy using what I had on hand. I think this turned out really nice and entirely different from the original version. I used peanut-hazelnut butter instead of peanut butter.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Raisin Bran cereal, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cereals and spices in a bowl.
- In a saucepan (or microwave oven), bring milk, brown sugar, peanut butter and honey to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute before removing from heat.
- Immediately add vanilla and cereal mix.
- Mix well.
- Pour onto cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Cover with another piece of wax paper.
- Flatten with a rolling pin, packing tightly.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into 25 rectangles.