Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a real short cut for cooks in a hurry. Use the cooked sausage bits like you would any meatball. In soups, stews, spaghetti, casseroles or as an appetizer with a sauce. Cheating? Not really just using a good shortcut.
- 1 lb sausage, Brat, Italian, etc
- 1 teaspoon oil (optional)
- Remove skin from sausages.
- Cut into 1-1 1/2" pieces.
- Add oil, if using, and fry sausage until brown and no longer pink.
- Drain on paper towel and use in your favorite recipe.
Hey, this is a good idea! I need ideas like this! When you don't have meatballs or time; this is perfect. Thanks Bergy
I have done this for years, especially with the Italian sausages. It's fabulous. It's easy to lay them on a papertowel to drain the fat off. The add them to any dish. Great idea. Thanks for posting it.
I have a secret- I can not make a meatball to save my life. I found this recipe and decided to try it out. What great results. I addded half this to a container of spagetti sauce I was freezing for later, and used the rest to make meatball subs. Yummy and so easy! This is so versitile and could be used in many different dishes. Thanks so much for sharing!