Recipe by Trixie735
Hawaiian bread very similar to King's. Most recipes on Food.com/Zaar are for 1.5 lb loaves -- tried to reduce amounts with NO success. Came up with this for the 1lb loaf and machine. In all honesty, I used all-purpose flour (all I had in the house) first time making this "modified" recipe -- using tips from several sources and recipes. Absolutely fabulous!
- 158.51 ml pineapple juice (or orange)
- 1 egg
- 44.37 ml milk
- 36.97 ml butter (sliced into smaller pieces) or 36.97 ml margarine (sliced into smaller pieces)
- 14.78 ml coconut extract
- 0.25 ml ground ginger
- 1.62 ml salt
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 551.25 ml bread flour (or all-purpose)
- 78.07 ml instant potato flakes
- 4.92 ml yeast (rapid or quick rising)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients to your bread machine pan in the order listed above.
- Use light setting and REGULAR bread (not "quick" even though you used rapid-rise yeast).
- This can be a high-rising bread.
- Also notable is that I always look at my bread once the machine has warmed up and it begins its first blending -- if it's too dry, I add a little milk or juice, if it's a little "wet" I add flour in teaspoons at a time -- just "eyeballing" the consistency.
- Your entire house will fill with the aroma of this lovely sweet bread while it bakes!