3 hrs 35 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Hawaiian bread very similar to King's. Most recipes on Food.com/Zaar are for 1.5 lb loaves -- tried to reduce amounts with NO success. Came up with this for the 1lb loaf and machine. In all honesty, I used all-purpose flour (all I had in the house) first time making this "modified" recipe -- using tips from several sources and recipes. Absolutely fabulous!
My Private Note
1 lb loaf
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice (or orange)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter (sliced into smaller pieces) or 2 1/2 tablespoons margarine (sliced into smaller pieces)
- 3 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/3 cups bread flour (or all-purpose)
- 1/3 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon yeast (rapid or quick rising)
- 1Add ingredients to your bread machine pan in the order listed above.
- 2Use light setting and REGULAR bread (not "quick" even though you used rapid-rise yeast).
- 3This can be a high-rising bread.
- 4Also notable is that I always look at my bread once the machine has warmed up and it begins its first blending -- if it's too dry, I add a little milk or juice, if it's a little "wet" I add flour in teaspoons at a time -- just "eyeballing" the consistency.
- 5Your entire house will fill with the aroma of this lovely sweet bread while it bakes!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 1 Lb Abm Hawaiian Sweet Bread
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 115.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g