1/7 Photos of 1-Hour Ham and Bean Soup
Kelly M.'s Note:
Made this one up myself, from a mix of different recipes. No need to wait for dry beans to soak. You get great homemade soup in about an hour!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced or sliced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 1/2 cups ham stock (water can be substituted) or 3 1/2 cups chicken broth (water can be substituted)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, not drained
- 3 -4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1Heat vegetable oil in a soup pot.
- 2Add carrots, celery and onion.
- 3Sauté for about 4 minutes, just until onion is beginning to soften.
- 4Add ham, sauté 2 minutes.
- 5Add garlic, sauté one more minute.
- 6Add 3 cups stock, bring to a low boil for about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- 7Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine all but 1/2 of a can of beans, including juice, and the tomato sauce.
- 8Process until smooth.
- 9Add remaining stock to processor to thin mixture.
- 10Process to combine.
- 11Add mixture from processor into ham mixture.
- 12Add remaining 1/2 can of beans, stir to blend, bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 13Serve hot!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 1-Hour Ham and Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 1167.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: