Recipe by Good Cook Wanda
Usually this recipe takes me a little more than an hour to make, but it still is a quick way to make cinnamon rolls for a great morning breakfast surprise. I've been making these rolls for my family for 18 years. It can be made as cinnamon rolls or caramel sticky buns by changing the filling and the icing. If you have a mixer capable of kneading, you can cut the kneading time to about 4 minutes, just until dough comes together well and begins to pull from the sides.
Top Review by karaelias
This recipe was fantastic! Really easy to make, and absolutely delicious! Being able to make them in just an hour was the clincher! I will definitely be making them again! Thank you!
- 236.59 ml water
- 44.37 ml water
- 78.07 ml oil
- 946.36 ml flour, divided
- 24.64 ml fast rising yeast
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 59.16 ml butter, cut into small chunks
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml raisins (optional)
- 354.88 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml corn syrup
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 14.79-29.58 ml half-and-half cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water (1c + 3T) and oil in a pan. Heat to 125 - 130 degrees.
- Stir together 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add warm liquids and stir well. Add beaten egg and mix well.
- Knead for 10 minutes, adding up to 1 cup flour. The dough should be soft. Turn dough on to floured surface. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes. Prepare filling while the dough rests.
- Roll into a rectangle about 18 inches by 12 inches. Spread filling over dough leaving 1/2 inch clear of filling along one long edge of the dough to seal the roll. Begin rolling the dough along the long edge, jelly roll style. Seal edge by pinching the outer edge of the dough with the part of the rolled dough. This description sounds awkward, but you'll understand when you've got the dough rolled up. :-).
- Cut dough into 1 1/2 inch slices, should make 12. Place into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Cover loosely and let rise 10 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before drizzling with icing.
- Filling directions: Mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Using fingers, work the butter into the sugar and cinnamon mixture, until crumbly. Add raisins, if desired.
- Icing directions: Mix powdered sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and 1 to 2 T Half & Half until desired consistency.