Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have been making this recipe for my family for year, although I can't remember where I originally found it. You can also use leftover turkey instead of chicken, and substitute any kind of canned beans you prefer. It serves alot, and is very filling!
- 1 1⁄2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 lb cooked chicken meat, shredded
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish, then scatter the crushed tortilla chips evenly in the bottm of the pan.
- Combinethe chicken, beans, corn, tomato sauce, salsa, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, garlic, salt & pepper in a bowl. Place half of mixture evenly in baking dish on top of the crushed chips. Combine the cheeses, and sprinkle half over the mixture.
- Cover with the remaining half of the chicken mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve the garnishes in bowls, so people can top their own portions as they prefer.