I found this in our newspaper coupon section, and made many changes. It's really good and fun! The kids LOVE it. Get creative by using different veggies and meats.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packageseach fast rising yeast
- 3⁄4 cup water, very warm
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 links Italian sausage
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 28 slices pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix batter ingredients together spray a 9X13-inch pan and spread batter to cover the bottom.
- Remove sausage from casings and saute, with garlic, onions, and bell pepper until sausage is no longer pink add tomato sauce and spices and simmer 10 minutes.
- Pour meat mixture over batter top with mozzarella then pepperoni then parmesan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until done.