Recipe by Sharon123
A quick recipe with only 20 minutes preparation using Fleishchmann's Rapid Rise yeast!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Good and super easy! Made exactly as directed and this soft crust deep dish pizza was super cheesy, the kind you have to eat with a fork. Next time I'll try some Italian sausage, too. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- cooking spray
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopesfleischmann's fast rising yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup very warm water (120 F to 130 F)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce (I use spaghetti sauce)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups shredded italian five cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix batter ingredients in a 9-1/2-inch deep dish pie plate that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Top dough with the pizza sauce. Evenly distribute fresh mozzarella slices on sauce and top with shredded cheese. Sprinkle with Italian herb seasoning.
- Bake by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- Note: If desired, batter may be mixed in a separate bowl. Proceed as directed above.