Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a Fleischmann's ad in Country Living - an oh-so-easy and oh-so-yummy treat!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages fast rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup very warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge, ice cream sauce (don't use chocolate syrup!)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Spray a 9 1/2 inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
- In the prepared pan, mix the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, water, and melted butter.
- Top the batter with evenly-spaced spoonfuls of the hot fudge sauce. Using the spoon, swirl fudge sauce into the batter without mixing.
- Place the pie pan in a cold oven. Set the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned and firm in the center.
- Cool 10 minutes. Combine powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over warm cake.
This recipe was very easy to make - but the "batter" was more of a dough, and "cake" was more of a biscuit. It was good (ooey, gooey and chocolatey), but definitely not very sweet. I actually thought it tasted better once it had cooled.
This was an okay dessert. The cake was heavy and doughy and not too sweet. The hot fudge swirl was nice but did not have enough ooph to make the recipe a keeper for us. Served warm with ice cream.