Recipe by loof
From a Fleischmann's ad in Country Living - an oh-so-easy and oh-so-yummy treat!
Top Review by monkeymom
This recipe was very easy to make - but the "batter" was more of a dough, and "cake" was more of a biscuit. It was good (ooey, gooey and chocolatey), but definitely not very sweet. I actually thought it tasted better once it had cooled.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages fast rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup very warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge, ice cream sauce (don't use chocolate syrup!)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 1/2 inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
- In the prepared pan, mix the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, water, and melted butter.
- Top the batter with evenly-spaced spoonfuls of the hot fudge sauce. Using the spoon, swirl fudge sauce into the batter without mixing.
- Place the pie pan in a cold oven. Set the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned and firm in the center.
- Cool 10 minutes. Combine powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over warm cake.