Recipe by Chef mariajane
What a delicious apple dish - I don't think there is any better comfort food than an apple dish of any kind!! Enjoy your streusel with a nice hot cup of coffee or tea - m-m-m-m-m good!!! I found that I wanted a little more spice in the recipe, so I added a little apple pie spice to the filling.
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 2 (22 ml) envelopefleichmann's instant fast rise yeast
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml Carnation Evaporated Milk, very warm (regular,2%, fat-free)
- 1 egg
- 1.23 ml almond extract
- 540 ml can apple pie filling
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- BATTER: Mix batter ingredients together in a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- FILLING: Top batter with apple pie filling.
- TOPPING: In a separate small bowl, mix streusel topping ingredients with a fork until uniform in consistency,. Sprinkle topping over pie filling.
- Bake by placing in a cold oven. Set temperature to 350F, baking for 30 minutes or until done,.