Recipe by IslandGirl
I am addicted to this! And it's so easy to make and good for taking to BBQ's, potlucks etc. Found the recipe in my local grocery store's weekly advertisement.
Top Review by Marty the Beagle
This was such a big hit in my house that 2 days later we made it again, but this time added chicken that had been chopped, marinated in some of the same Asian flavors, and then stir-fried. If you allow the chicken to cool and then mix it in, the salad becomes a meal on its own. Great recipe!
- 1 (250 g) package rice noodles
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, grated
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Asian chili sauce, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add rice noodles and cook one minute, or until just tender.
- Drain well, then rinse gently in cold water to cool the noodles.
- Drain again and place in a large bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Gently toss to combine.
- This salad can be made several hours in advance.
- Keep refrigerated until needed.