Recipe by sugarlovinmom
My husband gave me this recipe. I took me awhile to get the hang of these, but now they are fairly quick and easy. Prep time includes time for the dough to rest.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients with hands or a mixer, and knead well "(I like my dough to be slightly sticky). I have found by experience that it needs a lot of kneading to develop the gluten so as to keep them together well so they don't break when folded or filled.
- Let dough sit (covered) for about 30 minutes to rest.
- Pull off a handful at a time, roll into a ball, and then flatten thin with a rolling pin on a floured countertop or with a tortilla press (I love my press - it flattens and cooks at the same time :).
- Cook on a hot pan or griddle for about 30 seconds on each side - if they are too crispy take them off a little sooner next time.
- Keep them covered with a towel on a plate until ready to serve.
- Also optional: an egg (will need a little more flour), or 1 tsp baking powder.
- I usually end up doubling this recipe because even though it makes a lot, my kids scarf down quesadillas made with these.