Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These brownies don't contain as much chocolate as most recipes. With just 2 tbsp of chocolate, these are still satisfying enough (at least for me) and they are lower in calorie. The measurements may seem weird, but trust me the brownies are fudgy and delicious!
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- Over low heat, in small saucepan, melt the margarine, shortening, sugar, and chocolate chips.
- Remove from heat, add egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Grease an 8x8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour in batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
I am really suprised about this recipe. The measurements did seem weird but they are very full of flavor. They are not as sweet and gooey as other brownies but it definitely does satisfy when you have a chocolate craving. I love that they low in calories! I don't feel that guilty having these! Mine were done in exactly 12 minutes.