Caryn Dalton's Note:
Pecan clusters that are sweet, crunchy and salty and white-cholately. Recipe is courtesy of my DH's brother who is no longer able to see. I'm preserving a recipe that he made only two years ago at Christmas. This recipe starts with Addictive Toasty Pecans and does not include prep time for that recipe. Nice for Christmas...see optional note.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart of toasty pecans (see recipe # above)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag toffee pieces
- 1 lb almond bark
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1Spray a glass pan with cooking spray and line with wax paper (the spray will glue the paper down). Spray wax paper with cooking spray. CARYN'S NOTE: I don't use the wax paper,just spray really good.
- 2Melt almond bark in microwave in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Don't overdo the nuking or it becomes hard as a rock!
- 3Work quickly so almond bark doesn't harden on you before second pour! Pour a thin layer of melted almond bark on bottom of pan. Sprinkle all the pecan pieces in almond bark Sprinkle toffee bits on top of pecans. Pour rest of almond bark on top.
- 4Let set then slice w/sharp knife into squares. Wrap in waxed paper inside a sealed container. Keeps for 1 week (if it lasts that long).
- 5To make this festive looking for Christmas, just mix up your colored sugar (2 TB sugar plus 2 drops food coloring) in a little ziploc bag with your fingers and then sprinkle on top of the whiteout. Pretty!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 1-2-3-Whiteout!
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.7
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 89.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: