Recipe by Caryn Dalton
Pecan clusters that are sweet, crunchy and salty and white-cholately. Recipe is courtesy of my DH's brother who is no longer able to see. I'm preserving a recipe that he made only two years ago at Christmas. This recipe starts with Addictive Toasty Pecans and does not include prep time for that recipe. Nice for Christmas...see optional note.
- 1 quart of toasty pecans (see recipe # above)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag toffee pieces
- 1 lb almond bark
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 drops green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a glass pan with cooking spray and line with wax paper (the spray will glue the paper down). Spray wax paper with cooking spray. CARYN'S NOTE: I don't use the wax paper,just spray really good.
- Melt almond bark in microwave in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Don't overdo the nuking or it becomes hard as a rock!
- Work quickly so almond bark doesn't harden on you before second pour! Pour a thin layer of melted almond bark on bottom of pan. Sprinkle all the pecan pieces in almond bark Sprinkle toffee bits on top of pecans. Pour rest of almond bark on top.
- Let set then slice w/sharp knife into squares. Wrap in waxed paper inside a sealed container. Keeps for 1 week (if it lasts that long).
- To make this festive looking for Christmas, just mix up your colored sugar (2 TB sugar plus 2 drops food coloring) in a little ziploc bag with your fingers and then sprinkle on top of the whiteout. Pretty!