Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are the best to make when you want to be in and out of the kitchen in no time. Everybody loves them. They're also great with brown rice on low-carb tortillas!
- 425.24 g can chili with beans
- 118.29 ml instant rice or 118.29 ml brown rice
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml shredded cheese
- 177.44 ml salsa (optional)
- 10 tortillas (about)
- Heat chili in saucepan. Once heated, add uncooked rice and water. Stir together and let simmer over medium heat about 10-15 minutes until rice is cooked. Don't forget to stir!
- Once cooked throughout, turn heat down. Place about 1/3 cup mixture on tortilla and top with 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese and a few tablespoons salsa and roll up.
- Once all burritos have been made, zap in microwave for 30-60 seconds to melt cheese and reheat.
Very simple and basic. Easy to prepare with ingredients I always have on hand. Filling, too.
I loved the simplicity of this recipe. At first I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use uncooked rice or cooked rice. But looking at the cook time, I figured that it must be cooked rice. It came out great. I used Stagg's chili & brown rice. I also added in some shredded chicken because I had some left overs that I didn't want to go bad. It was very easy to make and took less than 10 minutes to put together. Thanks =)
Made for PAC Spring 07! These were really fast and pretty good! I skipped the microwave step because the mix was still hot from cooking on the stove and it melted the grated cheese just fine. We used a Rice A Roni long grain and wild rice mix with the seasonings and I think the herbs in the mix would have been missed if they were not there! It made the mix so attractive too. We also used the multigrain brown tortillas and it was indeed quick and yummy! Thanks, Christine for posting this one.