Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2.46 ml cinnamon, ground
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 236.59 ml peach nectar
- 59.14 ml pineapple juice (can use juice reserved from canned peaches) or 59.14 ml peach juice (can use juice reserved from canned peaches)
- 2 (907.18 g) can peaches, sliced, packed in juice, drained (or 1-3/4 lbs)
- 14.79 ml margarine, tub
- nonstick cooking spray (for baking dish)
- 236.59 ml pancake mix, dry
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml evaporated skim milk
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and pineapple or peach juice in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add sliced peaches to mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In another saucepan melt margarine and set aside.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square glass dish with cooking oil spray.
- Pour hot peach mixture into the dish.
- In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine.
- Stir in milk.
- Quickly spoon this mixture over peach mixture.
- Combine nutmeg and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of batter.
- Bake at 400° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 8 squares.