Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice (can use juice reserved from canned peaches) or 1⁄4 cup peach juice (can use juice reserved from canned peaches)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans peaches, sliced, packed in juice, drained (or 1-3/4 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon margarine, tub
- nonstick cooking spray (for baking dish)
- 1 cup pancake mix, dry
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and pineapple or peach juice in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add sliced peaches to mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In another saucepan melt margarine and set aside.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square glass dish with cooking oil spray.
- Pour hot peach mixture into the dish.
- In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine.
- Stir in milk.
- Quickly spoon this mixture over peach mixture.
- Combine nutmeg and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of batter.
- Bake at 400° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 8 squares.