Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 8 -10 pieces fresh frying chicken (or up to 16 drumsticks)
- 2 cups unbleached bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup seasoning (Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat))
- vegetable oil
- NOTES: IF YOU WISH TO TAKE ADDITIONAL TIME AND STEPS TO BRINE THE CHICKEN, ADD CHICKEN TO 2 QUARTS COLD WATER WITH 2 LEVEL TABLESPOONS MORTON LITE SALT SALT AND 2 TEASPOONS ACCENT SEASONING INTO A LARGE POT. WARM BRINE OVER MEDIUM-LOW HEAT UNTIL ALMOST HOT, THEN BREAD. THIS RECIPE IS FORMULATED FOR A SINGLE APPLICATION OF BREADING. DO NOT "DOUBLE-BREAD" SINCE IT PLACES AN EXCESS OF SODIUM, PEPPER AND SPICES ONTO CHICKEN, WHICH COMPROMISES THE QUALITY AND AUTHENTICITY OF FINISHED PRODUCT. BONELESS CHICKEN COOKS IN ONE-THIRD OF THE TIME AS BONE-IN CHICKEN. (STEP ONE): PREHEAT your deep fryer with manufacturer's recommended amount of frying oil to 315°F.
- ROLL wet chicken in blended seasoned flour mixture until well-coated.
- DEEP-FRY in preheated frying oil without crowding until golden and juices run clear (about 15-18 minutes).