1/1 Photo of 1-2-3 Jambalaya
Johnsonville Sausage's Note:
Enjoy some Creole comfort the quick and easy way with this Johnsonville creation. Using your favorite Jambalaya rice and Creole seasoning, add in some succulent shrimp, olive oil, tomatoes and hot pepper sauce to get the celebration started. Add Johnsonville’s Andouille Dinner Sausage to bring everything together for a truly authentic taste experience. Taking a trip to the Big Easy has never been so simple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) package Johnsonville Andouille Dinner Sausage, cut into 1/4 -inch slices
- 8 ounces raw shrimp, peeled and deveined or 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cajun creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) box jambalaya rice mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained and divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a bowl, combine sausage, shrimp or chicken with Cajun Creole seasoning; toss to coat.
- 2In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage, shrimp or chicken, cooking and stirring until shrimp turn pink or chicken is no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes.
- 3In a saucepan, prepare rice mix according to package directions. In addition, add one-half of the tomatoes into the rice preparation. After 12 minutes of cooking, add remaining tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and parsley.
- 4Continue to cook on low, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Add sausage, shrimp or chicken to rice; stir until heated through. Serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 1-2-3 Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.0
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 247.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Johnsonville Andouille Dinner Sausage
jambalaya rice mix