Recipe by Bev
This simple recipe from Southern Living is as simple as 1-2-3! This is a great recipe for when you really want some jambalaya and just do not have the time to stand over the stove! It was published in the December 1997.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This was very easy to make and tasty. I did add a can of diced tomatoes and used lots of cajun seasoning. It makes a ton, so I froze about half of it. Thanks for a hearty, filling lunch.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 453.59 g smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 946.36 ml cooked chicken, chopped
- 709.77 ml long-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 (595.33 g) can French onion soup, undiluted
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 411.06 g can beef broth
- 9.85-14.78 ml creole seasoning
- 9.85-14.78 ml hot sauce
- fresh cilantro