Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in my Grandma's recipes box. She cut it out of a magazine, so I'm not sure if she ever tried it, but it sounded interesting to me.
- 453.59 g ground pork (mild or hot, depending on your taste)
- 473.18 ml sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 709.77 ml biscuit mix
- Combine sausage, cheese and biscuit mix.
- Roll into balls about the size of a marble.
- Freeze or refrigerate if you would like to use them later.
- To serve, bring to room temperature and bake in a shallow pan at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Serve and enjoy!
Suzie_Q is quite right. This is excellent. I used Hot Italian Sausages instead of the ground pork and mixed it altogether in my Cuisinart. The balls are best eaten hot to warm. Cold they are still edible but not half as good as just out of the oven. I think eighteen minutes might be a fraction too long.
Like the name of the recipe, this was easy as it gets. They were very tasty and I definitely look forward to making them again. Thanks for such a yummy recipe!
We call these sausage balls and back in the day, they were the IT appetizer among my circle of friends. I remember making these for my first dinner party after I graduated from nursing school. Loved em' then and love em' now. A great snack and they did not stay around long. Thanks for reminding me of an old favorite.