Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this years ago in a magazine and have been making it since. Its very easy, and healthy. Serve on tortillas with sour cream and shredded cheese, or eat right out of a bowl.
- 1 package knorr brand fiesta blend Mexican rice
- 425.24 g can black beans
- 283.49 g can mexicorn
- 453.59 g lean ground turkey
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Brown turkey in seperate skillet until no longer pink.
- drain and rinse black beans, and drain mexi corn.
- Mix turkey, beans and corn into rice.
- Serve with tortillas, sour cream, shredded cheese.
SO easy and SO delicious!! I followed it exactly except we didn't use the tortillas, sour cream or cheese. It was still good. The leftovers are for this weekend with the tortillas!! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
We loved this recipe but since I dinked with it a bit I did not give it 5 stars. First of all, I used "Quick Spanish Rice" instead of the Knorr's Fiesta rice and then I browned and drained the ground turkey and added 2 T of Penzey's Chicken Taco seasoning and the black beans and mexicorn with juices and cooked it until thickened. Then I served it with shredded cheese and salsa and fat-free yogurt. I also kept the rice seperate and served the meat mixture on top of it. I DO envision making this again and it was yummy comfort food. The Penzey's Chicken taco seasoning kicks it up just a touch but it would still be good family fare.