Recipe by Mirj
This is great with milk or soy milk, and also can be eaten plain as a snack. Will keep for weeks in the refrigerator.
Top Review by winkki
I went back and forth between 4 and 5 stars on this...can I choose 4-1/2? :o) I made it exactly as written and it was easy and tasty, a hit with the kids. It had a strong, almost-overpowering honey taste, though (at least to my palate...afraid personal preference kicks in here!) I remade it with only 1/2 c honey and added cinnamon and salt and it was great; the oat flavor really shone through. It was also good both ways with dried fruit added in after it cooled. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks!
- 946.36 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml wheat germ
- 118.29 ml sunflower seeds
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
- 236.59 ml honey
- 118.29 ml oil
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat the honey, oil and vanilla until syrupy.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread on a jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Store in a covered container.