Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the best recipe for quick enchiladas that people devour when I make it. It is easy and uses stuff you already have in your house. I like to use 2 cans of chili. I got this recipe off the http://www.eversave.com/eversave/consumers/Recipe.jsp website.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 14 corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon diced onion, more if desired
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds. (when I made them the first time the shells fell apart, maybe warm each tortilla 15-20 seconds).
- Cook the ground turkey, if you are adding it to the enchiladas. Put 2 spoonfuls of the turkey in the middle of each tortilla and top with shredded cheese (if you are making cheese enchiladas, skip the ground turkey and just put extra cheese in the middle. If you are adding onions, add them to the middle of each tortilla as well).
- Roll the tortillas and place in a baking pan seam side down. Mix tomato sauce and chili. Spoon the chili mixture over the enchiladas and top with lots of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 10-15 minutes until cheese is nice and melted. Watch carefully as if you over cook, the tortillas will become hard. I sometimes add diced chilies on the top along with the cheese if it is for a party.
yummy! The only thing I changed was I used enchilada sauce instead of tomato and I added some diced green pepper to the meat mixture. So simple and so delicious. This is great on busy nights! Thanks!