Recipe by jessica_six
Obviously not a light recipe. I plan to experiment with low-fat/fat-free ingredients, but for now this is my go-to dressing recipe. I use this as a base and adjust seasonings and amounts for the vinegar and buttermilk based on the purpose of the dressing (salad, dip, spread). It's a extremely versatile and better than anything we've tried from a jar. Try the Spicy Ranch version as a dip for french fries.
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- seasoning salt
- ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first four ingredients in mixing bowl (I always use a glass bowl with plastic cover so I can mix and store in the same container).
- Season to taste with seasoning salt, pepper and desired additions.
- Some possible variations: Spicy Ranch (onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper to taste), Spicy Dill (add dill to Spicy Ranch mix), Peppercorn (garlic powder, heavy on the fresh ground pepper, Parmesan cheese), add powdered dressing or dip mix of your choice or throw in some blue cheese for wings.