Recipe by Hadice
You can also use this tantalizing recipe to make peach crisp (which I HIGHLY recommend.) Very easy and delightful. At its best when served hot. Use fresh fruit whenever possible.
Top Review by Julie F
This was an excellent apple crisp. I chose it because it served 8 instead of 4 or 6, but I will make it again because it was so good. The flavors were jusr right and I liked that it wasn't syrupy. The fresh apple taste came through clearly. I used 7 large apples and it made 10 - 12 large servings for me. . Thanks so much!
- 8 apples or 8 peaches, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 glass pan.
- Cut fruit into slices (removing pit or seeds) and layer in bottom of pan.
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and then cut in butter with a pastry cutter (cut until crumbly).
- Sprinkle mixture over fruit.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Top should be browned.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.