Recipe by Kim
My husbands friend gave us this recipe. He makes it all the time. He told us about it and gave us the recipe, we tried it and like it. So I thought I would share. I know there are other Tater Tot casseroles listed, but I did not see this one, so I posted it. This one came from a 4 ingredient cook book.
Top Review by "mom of girls"
Thanks so much for sharing. My four year old daughter loves this recipe. It is now her #1 favorite, she is always requesting it. I've made it for her about 4 times now. She has thirds every time I serve this! I love the fact that it is so easy to make. If I don't have the ingredients at home then I can stop and pick them up on my way home from work using the express lane and it so easy to remember the ingredients list. It is warm, gooey, and yummy. We like to use the mini tator tots.
Updated: forgot to add stars
2nd update: since the meat is fully cooked you only have to cook this dish for the time listed on the tator tot package. I usually cover it the majority of the time then remove the foil for the last 5 minutes. Much FASTER this way.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 lb) packagefrozen frozen tater tots
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground beef until all pink is gone.
- Drain any grease.
- Put ground beef in the bottom of a greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Spread cream of mushroom soup on top of ground beef.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Top with tater tots.
- Cover with foil and bake covered 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.