Oh my goodness!!! Totally worth all of the work! Everyone ALWAYS asks for and ALWAYS loves!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place margarine in a mixing bowl. Fluff with mixer.
- 2Add sugar, small amounts at a time.
- 3Add eggs one at a time.
- 4Add flour a little bit at a time alternating with the milk.
- 5Add the vanilla.
- 6Spray cake pans with Pam and dust lightly with flour. Cake will make 4 layers. If you only have 2 cake pans [like me -- ], you can bake in 2 shifts (2 pans at a time).
- 7Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- 8After taking the final pans out of the oven, let cool. You can begin cooking the frosting here.
- 9For frosting:.
- 10Put sugar in a 3-qt. sauce pan. Add water. Stir a little to dissolve sugar.
- 11Bring to a boil and stop stirring.
- 12Lower heat to medium, bring to soft ball stage, until it just begins to spin a thread while it cooks. Remember, do NOT stir the frosting while cooking. The process will take about 15-20 minutes.
- 13Meanwhile, beat egg whites until stiff.
- 14Pour cooked syrup (mixture in saucepan) into the egg whites in a thin stream while you beat it with a spoon. Beat for a few minutes to cool it a little.
- 15Add coconut and coconut flavoring.
- 16When it starts to cool a little, it is ready to frost the cake. Wait 10-15 minutes for this to occur.
- 17While frosting, keep this in mind: frosting tends to separate (the syrup has higher density and will fall to bottom of bowl). Make sure that you keep the frosting homogenous (mixed) while frosting. Frosting is very thin, so it will fall off of the cake. Make sure to frost on the platter that you will serve the cake on. Also, keep reapplying the frosting that falls off until almost all is reabsorbed.
- 18Fresh coconut will stick to sides and syrup will absorb into cake.
- 19This is the most moist, delicious, yummy cake in the world! Perfect for an anniversary or holiday!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 1-2-3-4 Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.3
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.9 mg
- Sodium 470.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 57.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: