1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Spicy Little Sister's Note:
This is the cake my mother's mom made frequently. It is so easy, the cake was always in her memory. When someone had good news, she made the cake. When someone died, the cake always went to the family on a beautiful glass plate with her name written on adhesive tape so she would get it back. We rarely frosted it because it is a pound cake and is moist and tastes just fine without embellishment. Originally from Mrs. Cowell, Oakdale, California.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar until very pale yellow.
- 2Beat at high speed until grain is gone.
- 3Then add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Add vanilla; beat well.
- 5Sift dry ingredients three times and add alternately with milk, just until mixed.
- 6In a separate bowl beat egg whites until stiff.
- 7Gently fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 8Grease small angel food pan with Crisco or margarine.
- 9Bake at 325 F, approximately 1 hours 10 minutes.
- 10When cake in done, it bounces back when pressed.
- 11Cool upside down on cake rack.
- 12Run knife around edges of pan to loosen.
- 14If you have a lemon, it is very good with the grated zest of the lemon added to the batter.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 1-2-3-4 Cake
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.5
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 171.0 mg
- Sodium 595.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 9.2 g