- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks 1 at a time, beating thorougly after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients together 3 times and add alternately with milk and vanilla to cream mixture, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour into pans lined with wax paper and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Makes 3 9-inch layers.