1 hr 15 mins
This is another of Ma's recipes. Sure to please! You can use any canned pie filling, fresh or dried (reconstituted) fruit of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling
- 1Cream butter.
- 2Add sugar gradually, beating well.
- 3Add vanilla, almond extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- 4Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 5Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beat well.
- 6Grease and flour a 10" x 15" jelly roll pan.
- 7Divide dough into thirds.
- 8Roll out 2/3 of dough, place into greased and floured pan.
- 9Spread on pie filling.
- 10Roll out remaining 1/3 of dough; place on top of filling and seal, crimp or roll and flute edges.
- 11(If you find it difficult rolling dough, it may be pressed into pan and top pressed out on waxed paper into 10" x 15" rectangle and transferred to top of filled bottom).
- 12Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 13Mix together all glaze ingredients to make thin glaze.
- 14Drizzle over cooled squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 1-2-3-4 Bars
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 188.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: