Recipe by davianng
This is another of Ma's recipes. Sure to please! You can use any canned pie filling, fresh or dried (reconstituted) fruit of your choice.
Top Review by Chocolatl
I had a lot of trouble with this dough. It was so soft and sticky that I had to add another 1 1/2 cups of flour just to get it to a pattable consistency--rolling was out of the question. I used Recipe #256607 for the filling. The finished squares were delicious, though--sort of like sugar cookies filled with fruit. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter.
- Add sugar gradually, beating well.
- Add vanilla, almond extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beat well.
- Grease and flour a 10" x 15" jelly roll pan.
- Divide dough into thirds.
- Roll out 2/3 of dough, place into greased and floured pan.
- Spread on pie filling.
- Roll out remaining 1/3 of dough; place on top of filling and seal, crimp or roll and flute edges.
- (If you find it difficult rolling dough, it may be pressed into pan and top pressed out on waxed paper into 10" x 15" rectangle and transferred to top of filled bottom).
- Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Mix together all glaze ingredients to make thin glaze.
- Drizzle over cooled squares.