Recipe by nomnom
This has the TASTE and the TEXTURE of a graham cracker crust, but without the fat and calories and with necessary fiber. It's absolutely delish! Feel free to use more cereal if you prefer thicker crusts. The recipe is more than EASILY adaptable! Use for cheesecakes, pies, quiches, whatever requires a crumb crust!
Top Review by iceskater2002
It was absolutely wonderful! I used this crust, somewhat skeptically, for a very rich cheesecake. It made for a wonderful contrast from the cheesecake, and made it not so sweet! I absolutely love this crust and will definitely be using it more often! Thanks so much for the recipe!
- 1 cup all-bran cereal (All-Bran with Extra Fiber or All-Bran or Fiber One)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush cereal to a powder in a ziploc.
- Add any sweetener or spice (s) to taste here and shake together.
- Dump evenly into a 9" springform or pie plate.
- Fill a pouring cup with some water and moisten fingers.
- Drizzle A LITTLE water at a time just to moisten the crumbs.
- Spread and press crust evenly.
- Use as stated in recipe either baking before or simply pouring filling in, then baking or refrigerating Enjoy!