Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This has the TASTE and the TEXTURE of a graham cracker crust, but without the fat and calories and with necessary fiber. It's absolutely delish! Feel free to use more cereal if you prefer thicker crusts. The recipe is more than EASILY adaptable! Use for cheesecakes, pies, quiches, whatever requires a crumb crust!
- 1 cup all-bran cereal (All-Bran with Extra Fiber or All-Bran or Fiber One)
- Crush cereal to a powder in a ziploc.
- Add any sweetener or spice (s) to taste here and shake together.
- Dump evenly into a 9" springform or pie plate.
- Fill a pouring cup with some water and moisten fingers.
- Drizzle A LITTLE water at a time just to moisten the crumbs.
- Spread and press crust evenly.
- Use as stated in recipe either baking before or simply pouring filling in, then baking or refrigerating Enjoy!
It was absolutely wonderful! I used this crust, somewhat skeptically, for a very rich cheesecake. It made for a wonderful contrast from the cheesecake, and made it not so sweet! I absolutely love this crust and will definitely be using it more often! Thanks so much for the recipe!
This is a healthy crust but it does NOT taste like graham cracker crust. I put the bran flakes into the blender and got great crumbs. I added some splenda to the crumbs. This crust was for a cheesecake and I would not use it for a cheesecake again. I will try it again for a savory pie.
This is such a great idea! A healthy, lowfat, delicious pie crust from ingredients I already had on hand?!? It's too good to be true! The only complaint I had was that I could not get the All-Bran to a powder consistency in a plastic bag; I ended up transferring it to a food processor to get the desired consistency. Then, instead of water I used Torani Sugar Free White Chocolate syrup, which gave the All-Bran a really good flavor. Thanks for the idea!