Recipe by Dawn
This is one of our all time favorite chicken BBQ recipes. The recipe produces a spicy moist, flavorful BBQ chicken. You might say its one of our signature BBQ recipes. The idea for the chicken came out of a bargain bin. The store was selling 3 cookbooks for a dollar and naturally I couldn't pass that up. I found a BBQ recipe that had possibilities. Since we like spicy food we jazzed it up a bit and we got a great BBQ chicken. Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by myount19
I have made this a couple times exactly as written and we really enjoy the flavor and ease of this chicken. So much more flavorful than just brushing with BBQ sauce while grilling. Thanks!
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs cut up chicken
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot red pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, Worcestershire,chili powder,salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl.
- You'll have mixed all ingredients except BBQ sauce.
- Place chicken pieces in a large plastic bag and pour mixture over chicken.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, turning several times.
- Spray grill with non stick cooking spray.
- Grill chicken pieces over medium heat in covered grill for 30-45 minutes.
- Turn occasionally while grilling.
- Baste with your favorite BBQ sauce for the last 10 minutes of grilling time.