Prep 4 hrs
Cook 40 mins
This is one of our all time favorite chicken BBQ recipes. The recipe produces a spicy moist, flavorful BBQ chicken. You might say its one of our signature BBQ recipes. The idea for the chicken came out of a bargain bin. The store was selling 3 cookbooks for a dollar and naturally I couldn't pass that up. I found a BBQ recipe that had possibilities. Since we like spicy food we jazzed it up a bit and we got a great BBQ chicken. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs cut up chicken
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot red pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- Combine vinegar, Worcestershire,chili powder,salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl.
- You'll have mixed all ingredients except BBQ sauce.
- Place chicken pieces in a large plastic bag and pour mixture over chicken.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, turning several times.
- Spray grill with non stick cooking spray.
- Grill chicken pieces over medium heat in covered grill for 30-45 minutes.
- Turn occasionally while grilling.
- Baste with your favorite BBQ sauce for the last 10 minutes of grilling time.
I have made this a couple times exactly as written and we really enjoy the flavor and ease of this chicken. So much more flavorful than just brushing with BBQ sauce while grilling. Thanks!
first review-ever AWESOME CHICKEN-WILL MAKE AGAIN-PRESSED 2 CLOVES OF GARLIC INTO MARINADE-WAS GOING TO BARBQUE, BUT IT RAINED HERE SO PUT IT INTO THE OVEN AT 375 FOR 1 HOUR. HOW MUCH BETTER WILL IT BE ON THE BARBIE???
Very good! Just like you said--spicy, moist and flavorful. Will definitely make again. Thanks!