Recipe by ellie_
Another 0 point soup -- just clock full of veggies! I don't eat this as snacks (as I know some people do) but rather as for dinner with sandwiches. This freezes wonderfully in small tupperware containers -- which is great to bring to work and heat up in the micro. Recipe source: www.weightwatchers.com
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I did not puree because I like a chunky soup. Sub'd spinach for the chard as my grocery didn't have it. Added a good dose of red pepper flakes and coarse ground black pepper. Very healthy and filling. Thanks for posting.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first 12 ingredients (garlic - broth) in a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to a simmer and simmer partly covered for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Leave veggies whole or I use an immersion blender and puree a bit -- leaving some veggie chunks.
- Stir in parsley and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.