This chocolate cake recipe always generates a buzz at family functions and often prompts many requests for the recipe. (The frosting is courtesy of Betty Crocker).
Note: If making a layer cake, please double the recipe. This also makes great cupcakes! Enjoy!
This is an excellent cake/bread recipe with very little fat. Notice there is no butter or oil, just bananas. I cut down to 2 larger bananas but it was a little dry so I did actually add just a little canola oil, but I definitely wouldn't have if I had used all 4 bananas. Also, I subbed in blueberries (frozen unthawed) for the raspberries because it's what I had. I stirred them in towards the end of the gentle mixing with a silicon spatula so they wouldn't get mashed up.
I got this recipe from the inside of the cream cheese carton- Yum!
I do recommend doubling the chocolate cookie crumbs as some reviewers have noted it doesn't cover the bottom of the pan very well with only 2 cups.
I've searched and searched. I wanted a chewy sugar cookie. Finally found this online by a woman name gale and wow. Hubby and kids just love it, although this isn't for shaping. Just simple round chewy cookies. Yum.
Dough designed for gingerbread houses to with stand cracks and sagging but still delicious. Tips: * If your dough is too tough to roll-out, microwave for 10-15 seconds.
* Use aluminum foil to roll-out, transfer and bake your pieces. Cut a piece of foil the same size as your baking sheet. Wipe your working surface with a damp sponge and lay the foil on top. This will prevent the foil from slipping. Sprinkle the foil with flour, roll-out your dough, cut your pieces, lift the entire piece of foil onto your baking sheet and bake. Use a fresh piece of foil for each roll-out.
* A pizza cutter provides a quick, straight line for large pieces like walls and roofs.
* Cut all windows and doors before baking.
* Prevent a lopsided house by holding the sides in place until dry.
* Pint-size zip-lock freezer bags make excellent frosting bags. Snip off the corner of the bag, fill with frosting, zip-lock closed and decorate.
* Variety of candy used to decorate is more important than quantity.
* Rice Krispie Treats, tinted green, make fun uniquely shaped bushes and trees.
A cold, refreshing drink for hot summer afternoons. Mint iced tea & orange juice, sweetened with honey. Great for both kids and adults, so it's nice to keep on hand for summer entertaining or just for the family. Prep time doesn't include the time it takes for the tea to get cold.
One of my students brought this to class to share with the kids for a party.The kids devoured it and I liked it so much I got it as a gift for Christmas! EDIT: Please make sure to watch this very closely as you may need to cut back the cooking time depending on the power of your microwave. Also- Please see Mamophet's review. I don't recommend reducing this recipe- If you absolutely must reduce it, please use accurate measurements in order to have edible popcorn. The ratio of popcorn to caramel needs to be maintained and the cooking time should be reduced as well.