Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Crafters' Corner / ISO Silk Flower Petals
    Lost? Site Map

    ISO Silk Flower Petals

    Go to page 1, 2  Next Page >>
    Ouisey
    Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:26 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I'm looking for silk flower petals--the kind that are precut and shaped. You use centers & calyxes & leaves to make your own flowers. They usually come prepackaged in carded plastic. The brands I used to buy were Pretty Petals by Sirocraft and Country Petals by a company called Country Flowers. I know that Country Flowers has gone out of business. Sirocraft is still in business, but they no longer make Pretty Petals--only pre-made silk flowers. So my only chance of finding them would be if anyone bought them a while back and never used them. Has anybody seen them lately? Thanks.

    Mia
    Diane G.
    Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:31 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    no, haven't seen them since my beloved H&H Craft & Floral supply went out of business! icon_cry.gif

    Do you have a Michael's Crafts near you? Or maybe a Beverly Crafts? They might have some.... otherwise you may have to actually find an industrial supplier to the florist industry and buy a whole lot of them.

    I miss those things - used to do shadow applique with them sandwiched between a solid color and a piece of organza and then embroider the stems and stamens with silk ribbon embroidery.

    'fraid I used all of mine up a long time ago.....
    icon_sad.gif
    Ouisey
    Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:02 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Diane G. wrote:
    no, haven't seen them since my beloved H&H Craft & Floral supply went out of business! icon_cry.gif

    Do you have a Michael's Crafts near you? Or maybe a Beverly Crafts? They might have some.... otherwise you may have to actually find an industrial supplier to the florist industry and buy a whole lot of them.

    I miss those things - used to do shadow applique with them sandwiched between a solid color and a piece of organza and then embroider the stems and stamens with silk ribbon embroidery.

    'fraid I used all of mine up a long time ago.....
    icon_sad.gif


    I use them to make pineapple candles. I glue them on the outside of a brandy snifter, put a pretty ribbon at the base and then pop a tealight candle inside--very pretty when they're lit. But they have to be uniform in shape and size. I found a couple places on the 'net that sell silk, bulk petals and sent for some samples. No go--some of them vary as much as 3/4 inch in width and the shape isn't very consistent. So I need to find the packeaged ones. I'll check out Michael's and Beverly's on the 'net. Thanks for the suggestions.

    By the way, your project sounds beautiful.
    Mia
    Diane G.
    Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:55 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    they were, unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to take pics of them or to even keep one for myself (gave them all to the relatives and friends at Christmas, etc.).

    I figured I could always make more....... icon_rolleyes.gif

    I guess what I really need to make is a scrapbook to record all my (non wearable) projects in!
    Martha E
    Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:39 am
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    icon_biggrin.gif I know this reply is a few years late but I just happened to stumble across it in search for the co that made the petals you were talking about I happen to have a box full of these petals made by sirocraft Country Flowers along with all the flower parts to go with it. let me know if anyone is interested in these.
    Ouisey
    Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:30 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Martha E wrote:
    icon_biggrin.gif I know this reply is a few years late but I just happened to stumble across it in search for the co that made the petals you were talking about I happen to have a box full of these petals made by sirocraft Country Flowers along with all the flower parts to go with it. let me know if anyone is interested in these.


    I just found your post today. Do you happen to have any sweetheart rose petals? They're the only ones I can use for my candles.
    Martha E
    Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:53 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    Yes, I do I didn't know they were all different types till I looked on the packages. I have 6 30pc packages and I have a bunch out of the packages that seem to be the same as the silky sweetheart pretty petals you may email me if you like to my comcast account I don't want to put my phone number on the forum thanks ( email address removed by Forum Host to avoid spammers) I look forward to hearing from you.
    Chef #1142777
    Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:00 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    This is a response to Mia looking for the small rose petals. I have one packet of Country Flowers Rose Buds (#2200 -- 30 pieces) and one packet of small rose bud petals (#140 -- 24 petals) from the Flower Maker, Inc.. Also, I have 7 or 8 packets of buds that are a bit larger. Are you still interested in any of these? Do you want my e-mail address? Ginger
    Martha E
    Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:05 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    No, thank you I am not interested in the silk flowers. I sold them last year but I thank you. Have a great day
    Ouisey
    Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:59 am
    Food.com Groupie
    [quote="Chef #1142777"]This is a response to Mia looking for the small rose petals. I have one packet of Country Flowers Rose Buds (#2200 -- 30 pieces) and one packet of small rose bud petals (#140 -- 24 petals) from the Flower Maker, Inc.. Also, I have 7 or 8 packets of buds that are a bit larger. Are you still interested in any of these? Do you want my e-mail address? Ginger[/quote]

    Thanks for responding, Ginger. After I posted this a while back, I found a woman who was liquidating her entire craft shop inventory. I got a box of 180 packages of rose petals for $10.00! That will make 540 candles! I appreciate you thinking of me, but I really don't need any more...I doubt that I'll ever use all that I have. But thanks again.

    Just thought I'd post this so you can see what I do with them. The purple one on the lower left and the orange one on the upper right are what I use the rose petals for. They're made over brandy snifters, and then I put candles in them. They're very good sellers.

    kiwidutch
    Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:37 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Martha E wrote:
    Yes, I do I didn't know they were all different types till I looked on the packages. I have 6 30pc packages and I have a bunch out of the packages that seem to be the same as the silky sweetheart pretty petals you may email me if you like to my comcast account I don't want to put my phone number on the forum thanks ( email address removed by Forum Host to avoid spammers) I look forward to hearing from you.


    Hi Martha E,

    wonderful to have you here ! and excellent that you have some info for Ouisey's question...

    I hope that you don't mind but I have removed your email address from the Forum thread for internet safety reasons and instead zaarmailed it personally to Ouisey, because spammers have spam bots looking for email addresses on the web ( sadly Zaar has been a regular target) and I'd hate for you to get a zillion items of spam due to posting it or worse, become a target of viruses...

    if anyone without premium membership ever wants to pass on personal details (like an email addy) to another member via zaarmail, just let someone like me know.. I will zaarmail the message on for you no problem at all.

    regards.. kiwi wave.gif


    Last edited by kiwidutch on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total
    kiwidutch
    Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:42 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Ouisey wrote:



    Wow...
    now that I see how you use them I'm not surprised that they are good sellers! they would look great lighting up a romantic dinner... well done!
    Ouisey
    Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:13 am
    Food.com Groupie
    kiwidutch wrote:

    Wow...
    now that I see how you use them I'm not surprised that they are good sellers! they would look great lighting up a romantic dinner... well done!


    Thanks for the compliment, kiwidutch. I closed my shop when my husband and I got married--it just took up too much of my time. But at that time, I was buying brandy snifters by the gross--that's how many of them I was selling.
    Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
    Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:53 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Saw this and wanted to post this just in case someone is looking for them in the future.



    I got a TON of silk flower petals for dd's wedding CHEAP online at


    http://www.bbcrafts.com/Wedding+Flower+Petals/~159.html


    They have amazing prices on tulle too!
    Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
    Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:54 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    BTW- I have a ton of tulle in white and pink leftover that I will be selling!


    If anyone is interested they can zmail me or drop into Beverage and post there, as I am there daily!


    Hugz
    Go to page 1, 2  Next Page >> E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites