Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Critter Cafe / What's up today - September 19th?
    Lost? Site Map

    What's up today - September 19th?

    K9 Owned
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:53 am
    Forum Host
    The temperatures will be up. A few days of fall and we get a little blast of summer for 2 days. Mid 80's today and mid 90's tomorrow before returning to fall. icon_smile.gif

    Lots to do but I suspect the things I enjoy will over ride those I do not icon_smile.gif
    I have laundry and floors to be done. A bathroom to be cleaned, dogs to be groomed, the remaining clothes sorted and those for donation to be delivered. I have those darned drapes to finish and a wall to sand prior to painting. I still have part of my office to sort out and file.

    I have to inventory my freezer and clean my oven.
    I also have to visit a farm where they will be picking beets for me. I will freeze some and pickle other. I have too many eggs on hand right now so I will pickle a dozen of those.

    I have just started a very good book.

    It will be interesting to see if beets, eggs and books trump all of the rest or if I will show some discipline and do the boring stuff. icon_smile.gif

    What's up with you today?
    Krislady
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:39 am
    Forum Host
    Working. Holding down the fort. Our secretary is out for a couple of days, so I'll have to do EVERYTHING. icon_sad.gif (Just call me Cinderella. . . icon_wink.gif ) Fortunately, there's not much going on right now.

    On the bright side, I won't have to deal with her perfume. . . it's really bad during allergy season. It's rough being me. icon_cry.gif
    SarasotaCook
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:01 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Too much to list. Work, errands, this, that, yard work, in and out.
    Busy busy - I would love to add another 8 hrs on today.
    K9 Owned
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:22 am
    Forum Host
    Krislady wrote:
    Working. Holding down the fort. Our secretary is out for a couple of days, so I'll have to do EVERYTHING. icon_sad.gif (Just call me Cinderella. . . icon_wink.gif ) Fortunately, there's not much going on right now.

    On the bright side, I won't have to deal with her perfume. . . it's really bad during allergy season. It's rough being me. icon_cry.gif

    I have just recently become very sensitive to some perfumes. A few of them get in my nose and stay there for a day! Why do people wear stuff like Shalimar or Poison during the day?
    I like perfume but only if it is light and fresh in the daytime.

    Poor Cinderella ;(
    icon_wink.gif
    Dib's
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:31 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Bills
    Grocery Shopping
    Dentist

    Can't get any better than that! icon_confused.gif
    mums the word
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:12 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Dusting and vacuuming. Yippee cay yay! (however you spell that!)

    It is just DD and I for dinner as DH is out of town and DS is doing classes til 10:00 tonight. I'm thinking it will be something quick and simple!
    CindiJ
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:42 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Cobweb patrol is #1 on my list. Following up on proofs for a couple of orders and need to write (actually HAND WRITE) a letter to a friend serving in Kuwait. He's been begging for months. They all love getting mail over there... How on earth do I write something interesting when we chat on line everyday?
    So Cal Gal
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:50 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Thursday is laundry day, and the first load is in the washing machine. I'm a bit sore from digging in the dirt yesterday, but the planting bed is slowly being transformed (it's about half done now). And I may order the light fixture for my studio/study, or see if it can be purchased locally.

    Only three days left until fall...this morning the weather man said that fall will arrive here on Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 1:44pm. They have it down to the minute?! icon_lol.gif

    Hope you enjoy your day! icon_cool.gif
    Iron Bloomers
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:59 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Somebody! Anybody!!!!! Keep me out of Home Depot PLEASE! Twice this week I have hit that place, it's less than 5 mins from the house..I AM DOOMED! Anyway I now have 2 dressed up flower beds across the front of the house. When I bought the house the previous owner had planted 2 dwarf evergreen threes (picture 2ft high Christmas trees) one on either side of the front steps & 2 knockout roses in a pretty hot pink...both on the right side of the steps....no edging, very little mulch & really kinda sad looking. Well after putting in the ring around the tree & went & got more cedar edging (house is white siding, top soil & mulch plus 4 lavender mums. I reworked the beds, installed the edging & spaced the mums & mulched all.
    Dirty, pooped, sweaty, & a bit sore but........................Happy are the Bloomers that play in the dirt! icon_lol.gif

    now to a shower & the laundry.....
    Krislady
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:32 pm
    Forum Host
    Iron Bloomers wrote:
    Somebody! Anybody!!!!! Keep me out of Home Depot PLEASE! Twice this week I have hit that place, it's less than 5 mins from the house..I AM DOOMED! Anyway I now have 2 dressed up flower beds across the front of the house. When I bought the house the previous owner had planted 2 dwarf evergreen threes (picture 2ft high Christmas trees) one on either side of the front steps & 2 knockout roses in a pretty hot pink...both on the right side of the steps....no edging, very little mulch & really kinda sad looking. Well after putting in the ring around the tree & went & got more cedar edging (house is white siding, top soil & mulch plus 4 lavender mums. I reworked the beds, installed the edging & spaced the mums & mulched all.
    Dirty, pooped, sweaty, & a bit sore but........................Happy are the Bloomers that play in the dirt! icon_lol.gif

    now to a shower & the laundry.....


    Tell ya what - come on over and make my yard pretty, and you can explore the Home Depot that's 5 minutes from my house. . . or the garden shop that's 5 minutes the other way . . . or the Lowes that's 10 minutes past Home Depot. . . icon_biggrin.gif
    Iron Bloomers
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:44 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Krislady wrote:
    Iron Bloomers wrote:
    Somebody! Anybody!!!!! Keep me out of Home Depot PLEASE! Twice this week I have hit that place, it's less than 5 mins from the house..I AM DOOMED! Anyway I now have 2 dressed up flower beds across the front of the house. When I bought the house the previous owner had planted 2 dwarf evergreen threes (picture 2ft high Christmas trees) one on either side of the front steps & 2 knockout roses in a pretty hot pink...both on the right side of the steps....no edging, very little mulch & really kinda sad looking. Well after putting in the ring around the tree & went & got more cedar edging (house is white siding, top soil & mulch plus 4 lavender mums. I reworked the beds, installed the edging & spaced the mums & mulched all.
    Dirty, pooped, sweaty, & a bit sore but........................Happy are the Bloomers that play in the dirt! icon_lol.gif

    now to a shower & the laundry.....


    Tell ya what - come on over and make my yard pretty, and you can explore the Home Depot that's 5 minutes from my house. . . or the garden shop that's 5 minutes the other way . . . or the Lowes that's 10 minutes past Home Depot. . . icon_biggrin.gif


    only if I can use YOUR plastic rotfl.gif I love the outside work & the feel of dirt in my hands. Next Spring I start on my veggie beds...some will be permanent beds with things like rhubarb & the rest will be seasonal plantings....I can't wait!
    racrgal
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:01 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    You can come to my house too, IB! Sweetie is almost finished with a new planter in front of my office window. Hopefully I can get it planted in the next week or so. There is also a 3' X 29' raised planter that is waiting for attention. As of right now, I'm planning on Frankly Scarlet day lilies and Belladonna (commonly known as Naked Lady) lilies. I would like to plant some blue iris in the same planter but the area has to be mulched. Due to the fact that iris don't like mulch, they can't go in that planter.

    Today it is a little bit of cleaning, bill paying and two loads of laundry. Tonight we're meeting a friend at a Farmer's Market. Should be lots of fun. icon_cool.gif

    ETA I also might start unloading the kitchen cabinets as kitchen demo is supposed to start on Monday. icon_biggrin.gif
    K9 Owned
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:09 pm
    Forum Host
    Not surprisingly I have done most of the fun stuff. icon_lol.gif
    I went and picked up a couple of new dog toys - I suspect Dawson puts them in the recycle bin never to be seen again (he has a thing for boxes). He is one sad puppy without a ball in his mouth. Residual anxiety I think. Of course Maddie has to have a new toy too.

    Then I did my farm to farm shopping. One place for millet, quinoa and evaporated cane sugar, next stop the egg lady then on to another farm for beets. I really had no idea that what I ordered turned out to be so much. I'm the only one who likes beets. Yikes! Then to the next farm where I put in my order for another 4 chicken - due in my fridge Oct. 10 icon_cool.gif and also picked up some Heritage tomatoes.

    Home for lunch and a quick dog walk and now I'd really like a nap.
    I will persevere and get something else off my list. Off to do the rest of the clothes sorting.
    Iron Bloomers
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:50 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    K9 Owned wrote:
    Not surprisingly I have done most of the fun stuff. icon_lol.gif
    I went and picked up a couple of new dog toys - I suspect Dawson puts them in the recycle bin never to be seen again (he has a thing for boxes). He is one sad puppy without a ball in his mouth. Residual anxiety I think. Of course Maddie has to have a new toy too.

    Then I did my farm to farm shopping. One place for millet, quinoa and evaporated cane sugar, next stop the egg lady then on to another farm for beets. I really had no idea that what I ordered turned out to be so much. I'm the only one who likes beets. Yikes! Then to the next farm where I put in my order for another 4 chicken - due in my fridge Oct. 10 icon_cool.gif and also picked up some Heritage tomatoes.

    Home for lunch and a quick dog walk and now I'd really like a nap.
    I will persevere and get something else off my list. Off to do the rest of the clothes sorting.


    raising my hand & jumping around wildly I LOOOOVVVVVEEE fresh beets...OMG I could eat my weight in them. They are on my list of must plants for spring.
    mums the word
    Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:29 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I love almost any veggie - EXCEPT beets and eggplants. Go figure!
    Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites