Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Menu Ideas & Help / Menu for Week of June 29 through July 5, 2013
    Lost? Site Map

    Menu for Week of June 29 through July 5, 2013

    Charmie777
    Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:22 pm
    Forum Host
    Hello my favorite menu peeps!!!! How is everyone doing this week?

    I sit in my air-conditioned office writing this, while it is over 100º and will be even hotter this weekend! Yipes!!! Crazy hot! Can't stand it!

    This coming week is 4th of July for us Americans! Well, actually, it'll be the 4th of July for everyone, but for us it is Independence day!! For us, it may just be me and the hubby, but we'll still grill, cuz, well cuz we just have to!!

    Also it is my middle DS's 20th bday on Monday, so that menu is all request.

    Here's my menu...share yours!!!

    Saturday - going out to a breakfast buffet for my sister in law's bday. I'm not sure I'll be cooking anything.

    Sunday - Taquitos that didn't get made last week, with rice and beans and guacamole.

    Monday - Happy birthday Jacob!!! He wants Jalapeno and Jack Cheese stuffed Burgers with Grilled Asparagus and Salad (he's trying to be healthy, so he picked vegies icon_smile.gif ), he also wants Honey Bun Cake for dessert.

    Tuesday - Niku Jaga (Japanese Beef Stew in the Crock Pot) with rice and vegies

    Wednesday - a simple spaghetti dinner with salad

    Thursday - 4th of July!!! Various grilled sausages and dogs. I want to try a bacon-wrapped hot dog. Grilled onions and peppers. Chili, cheese etc! Corn on the cob in the crockpot and then whatever else strikes my fancy!!

    Friday - out to eat or leftovers
    SarasotaCook
    Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:45 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Evening C - well evening for me. Sounds like you got a busy week ahead; and 100, Geeze. We are 90, but high humidity, so mid figures heat index. Still that is just plain hot!! icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif
    I used to do the 4th when married and kids; but, this year (as is years in the past) a friend does an awesome BBQ, and fireworks. I usually stop over during the day and then for the fireworks late. Probably do that again, always fun.
    C, enjoy DS's bday, hey he picked very healthy.
    I like the Japanese Crock Pot, sounds interesting.
    Me, sos here, work, the 4th off, but a busy week non-the-less.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SAT ...
    Two friends over for dinner before heading to work; they will help clean out my fridge and freezer. Lots to choose from

    SUN ...
    Beef tips in the crock pot w/my roasted tomatoes and peppers (freezer stash), onion, and served over egg noodles; mixed green salad

    MON ...
    Ladies #1 and #2: Same as my Sun dinner, blueberry crumble
    Me: Tilapia w/jalapeno cream; grilled potatoes; tomato with Feta salad

    TUES ...
    Me: Leftover beef tips over a baked potato, w/added mushrooms; fruit

    WED ...
    Lady #1: Pasta with a zucchini and walnut sauce and goat cheese; radish salad; pesto bread
    Lady #2: Same, but roasted grape tomatoes and olives; garlic bread
    Me: Work, I may cook for them, or they may bring something to cook.

    THURS ...
    July 4th - Friends
    I will taking watermelon gazpacho; also, regular gazpacho with shrimp bites; and my homemade ricotta which I will flavor with lemon zest, juice, and a ton of fresh herbs. Served with toasted baguettes, crackers, and fruit.

    FRI ...
    Ladies #1 and #2: Game/Card Night - TBD
    Me: Out, happy hour
    or
    Chicken in lettuce cups, with an Asian sauce, shredded carrots, cucumber, radish, maybe water chestnuts, etc; creamy potato soup; fruit. Recipe TBD
    =====================

    edited: to add the fourth, I knew I forgot to fix that before I posted.
    Fri, was supposed to be either out or my chicken dish.
    Now fixed.


    Last edited by SarasotaCook on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total
    ratherbeswimmin'
    Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:04 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Good morning. We're having 90-100 degree temps here as well. Fourth of July, we'll be at the lake icon_smile.gif

    Here is the plan for Mon-Fri:

    Mon: Oven-Fried Chicken Chimichangas, steamed broccoli, and salad

    Tues: Grilled Catfish Fillets, grilled veggies, and salad

    Wed: Mini Italian Meatloaves, steamed asparagus, baked sweet potatoes, and salad

    Thurs: July 4th
    Fourth of July Burgers, hot dogs, Potato Salad, Classic Broccoli-Raisin Salad, baked beans, watermelon, Blueberry Lemonade, Blueberry Raspberry Crunch and ice cream

    Fri: Chicken Quesadillas, chips and hot sauce, salad

    Work lunches: Roast Beef Pasta Salad, Strawberry Chicken Salad

    Breakfast: Very Berry Coffee Cake

    Snacks: Chewy Red, White, and Blue M&m Cookies
    ellie_
    Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:07 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Saturday: Scallops and Cauliflower w/salad
    Sunday: Cajun Kabobs w/salad
    Monday: fish tacos
    Tuesday: pizza night
    Wednesday: Chile Chicken Slow Cooked Tacos
    Thursday: going to the game -- hotdogs
    Friday: Mediterranean Tilapia (Quick and Easy)
    Charmie777
    Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:46 pm
    Forum Host
    SarasotaCook wrote:
    Evening C - well evening for me. Sounds like you got a busy week ahead; and 100, Geeze. We are 90, but high humidity, so mid figures heat index. Still that is just plain hot!! icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif
    I used to do the 4th when married and kids; but, this year (as is years in the past) a friend does an awesome BBQ, and fireworks. I usually stop over during the day and then for the fireworks late. Probably do that again, always fun.
    C, enjoy DS's bday, hey he picked very healthy.
    I like the Japanese Crock Pot, sounds interesting.
    Me, sos here, work, the 4th off, but a busy week non-the-less.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SAT ...
    Two friends over for dinner before heading to work; they will help clean out my fridge and freezer. Lots to choose from

    SUN ...
    Beef tips in the crock pot w/my roasted tomatoes and peppers (freezer stash), onion, and served over egg noodles; mixed green salad

    MON ...
    Ladies #1 and #2: Same as my Sun dinner, blueberry crumble
    Me: Tilapia w/jalapeno cream; grilled potatoes; tomato with Feta salad

    TUES ...
    Me: Leftover beef tips over a baked potato, w/added mushrooms; fruit

    WED ...
    Lady #1: Pasta with a zucchini and walnut sauce and goat cheese; radish salad; pesto bread
    Lady #2: Same, but roasted grape tomatoes and olives; garlic bread
    Me: Work, I may cook for them, or they may bring something to cook.

    THURS ...
    July 4th - Friends
    I will taking watermelon gazpacho; also, regular gazpacho with shrimp bites; and my homemade ricotta which I will flavor with lemon zest, juice, and a ton of fresh herbs. Served with toasted baguettes, crackers, and fruit.

    FRI ...
    Ladies #1 and #2: Game/Card Night - TBD
    Me: Out, happy hour
    or
    Chicken in lettuce cups, with an Asian sauce, shredded carrots, cucumber, radish, maybe water chestnuts, etc; creamy potato soup; fruit. Recipe TBD
    =====================

    edited: to add the fourth, I knew I forgot to fix that before I posted.
    Fri, was supposed to be either out or my chicken dish.
    Now fixed.
    watermelon gazpacho sounds good!
    Charmie777
    Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:47 pm
    Forum Host
    ratherbeswimmin' wrote:
    Good morning. We're having 90-100 degree temps here as well. Fourth of July, we'll be at the lake icon_smile.gif

    Here is the plan for Mon-Fri:

    Mon: Oven-Fried Chicken Chimichangas, steamed broccoli, and salad

    Tues: Grilled Catfish Fillets, grilled veggies, and salad

    Wed: Mini Italian Meatloaves, steamed asparagus, baked sweet potatoes, and salad

    Thurs: July 4th
    Fourth of July Burgers, hot dogs, Potato Salad, Classic Broccoli-Raisin Salad, baked beans, watermelon, Blueberry Lemonade, Blueberry Raspberry Crunch and ice cream

    Fri: Chicken Quesadillas, chips and hot sauce, salad

    Work lunches: Roast Beef Pasta Salad, Strawberry Chicken Salad

    Breakfast: Very Berry Coffee Cake

    Snacks: Chewy Red, White, and Blue M&m Cookies
    Yum on the quesadillas!
    Charmie777
    Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:49 pm
    Forum Host
    ellie_ wrote:
    Saturday: Scallops and Cauliflower w/salad
    Sunday: Cajun Kabobs w/salad
    Monday: fish tacos
    Tuesday: pizza night
    Wednesday: Chile Chicken Slow Cooked Tacos
    Thursday: going to the game -- hotdogs
    Friday: Mediterranean Tilapia (Quick and Easy)

    Chile Chicken Slow Cooked Tacos...Saved!!
    Meredith C-ville
    Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:24 am
    Food.com Groupie
    SC - All of the stuff you are bringing for the 4th sounds great! Hot and especially humid here these days, although we got a break on Saturday. Nothing exciting here, but better than no plan!

    Sat – DATE NIGHT!!! We ate outside downtown and had a wonderful evening with excellent food and perfect weather.

    Sun – salmon melts with tortillas (back to reality – had no time to cook!) and collard greens

    Mon – Turkey Tamale Casserole (didn’t end up making it last week)

    Tue – garlic shrimp with asparagus served with cooked teff

    Wed – leftovers from Monday

    Thu – cheeseburgers, chickpea fries, broccoli -- must grill on the 4th! We will probably not go to fireworks -- our 10-month-old would probably not have too much fun.

    Fri – Baked Parmesan Fish with tomatoes/zukes and garlic bread

    Hard to believe it's July already (well, until you step outside!). --M
    SarasotaCook
    Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:39 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Meredith C-ville wrote:
    Sat – DATE NIGHT!!! We ate outside downtown and had a wonderful evening with excellent food and perfect weather.

    Thu – cheeseburgers, chickpea fries, broccoli -- must grill on the 4th! We will probably not go to fireworks -- our 10-month-old would probably not have too much fun.


    Love Date Night. My ex and I tried that too, always fun. Glad you had a nice time.

    And yes, got to grill on the 4th.
    My friends usually have about 50 people, but not all at once. They come and go throughout the day.

    They roast a pig, so that is usually done around 4. That is the main event. During the day, everyone brings appies; and the guys grill burgers, brats and dogs. So the food changes all day long.

    My friends (the hosts) are really good, organizing it. They let people know WHAT to bring, so there isn't 5 pasta salads, and 5 mac and cheese, etc. They really have it down to a science.

    For the main event, there is 2 big salads, rolls, BBQ sauces (3 different ones); and always a huge pot of homemade baked beans done in the fire pit all day; mac and cheese (kids request), and potato salad.

    The guys keep everything inside all day, so no bugs; and on ice, so nothing goes bad.

    Like I said, these guys have it down pat!! This is their 18th year at it.

    After dinner, people go home, change, relax and come back. 9-midnight, a band plays, 3 of the guys play in a band, southern rock. Also, fireworks, and desserts!
    Charmie777
    Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:58 pm
    Forum Host
    SarasotaCook
    Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:02 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Aren't we on top of things. Hope you had a nice 4th!!
    SarasotaCook
    Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:47 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I'm actually ready too ... for the most part.
    E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites