Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Greek Cooking / ZWT-9 Parting Gifts
    Lost? Site Map

    ZWT-9 Parting Gifts

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
    Chef PotPie
    Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:21 pm
    Food.com Groupie


    After attending the wedding of Mia's friends on the beautiful island of Zakynthos, the guests returned to the Hotel Matilda with, as parting gifts, lovely little "groom's cakes," also known as "dream cakes." It was wonderful to see this long-lost tradition revived by the bride and groom!
    The dream cakes were made of small squares of Greek Honey Cake, all tied up with tulle and ribbon, and a special "love charm" to keep as a memento of the wedding.
    That night we all slept with a dream cake under our pillows, to bring good fortune to the bride and groom!




    PaulaG
    Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:10 pm
    Forum Host
    Chef PotPie wrote:


    After attending the wedding of Mia's friends on the beautiful island of Zakynthos, the guests returned to the Hotel Matilda with, as parting gifts, lovely little "groom's cakes," also known as "dream cakes." It was wonderful to see this long-lost tradition revived by the bride and groom!
    The dream cakes were made of small squares of Greek Honey Cake, all tied up with tulle and ribbon, and a special "love charm" to keep as a memento of the wedding.
    That night we all slept with a dream cake under our pillows, to bring good fortune to the bride and groom!






    So cute!
    Dr. Jenny
    Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:43 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    On behalf of our team-mate, Diner, we suspect there was a computer glitch as she indicated that she DID post this in the Parting Gifts thread. Diner posted this on page 10 of our team thread. We suspect that she has retired for the evening.

    [quote="Dr. Jenny"]
    diner524 wrote:
    Here is what I just posted in the Greece challenge for the parting gift:



    I made Sesame Salt, #495621 for the newlyweds parting gift!!

    PaulaG
    Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:58 pm
    Forum Host
    [quote="Dr. Jenny"]On behalf of our team-mate, Diner, we suspect there was a computer glitch as she indicated that she DID post this in the Parting Gifts thread. Diner posted this on page 10 of our team thread. We suspect that she has retired for the evening.

    Dr. Jenny wrote:
    diner524 wrote:
    Here is what I just posted in the Greece challenge for the parting gift:



    I made Sesame Salt, #495621 for the newlyweds parting gift!!



    I see where she reviewed the recipe on the 15th. I have gone through this thread several times and can not find where she posted. In addition to the recipe the gift needed to packaged for travel. Her post shows a completion but no packaging.
    Dr. Jenny
    Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:25 pm
    Food.com Groupie


    Mike and the Appliance Killers had a last minute switch out of players for this challenge. Dr. Jenny has completed the challenge in place of Diner. As a parting gift for guests, Sesame Salt 495621 was made. The sesame salt was packaged in individual spice jars and packaged in a beautiful box decorated by the mother of the bride.

    image
    PaulaG
    Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:39 pm
    Forum Host
    Dr. Jenny wrote:


    Mike and the Appliance Killers had a last minute switch out of players for this challenge. Dr. Jenny has completed the challenge in place of Diner. As a parting gift for guests, Sesame Salt 495621 was made. The sesame salt was packaged in individual spice jars and packaged in a beautiful box decorated by the mother of the bride.

    image


    Your completion has been noted. Lovely packaging. icon_smile.gif
    rosie316
    Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:00 am
    Forum Host
    For the Pink Panthers:
    Loaded Grecian #218796
    PaulaG
    Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:34 am
    Forum Host
    rosie316 wrote:
    For the Pink Panthers:
    Loaded Grecian #218796


    I'm sorry but I can not count this for the challenge. The challenge states:

    1. Select a recipe from All Players Cookbook - Greece to be used as a wedding favor. This recipe can be anything you can creatively package as a parting gift.
    2. Make the recipe and review it. Return to this thread and post when you have reviewed the recipe.
    3. In your post explain how you packaged the recipe for travel. The packaging is the parting gift from the wedding.


    Your post does not explain how you packaged the recipe for travel. The packaging is the parting gift.
    Baby Kato
    Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:02 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Baby Kato wrote:


    Hi Paula,

    I have made and enjoyed very much Sesame Salt #495621 by katew

    This is the recipe that I picked for the Greek Wedding - Parting Gift Challenge. icon_lol.gif

    I placed these on the tables but since the little glass containers were breakable, they were placed in a cardboard box that was filled with tissue for transportation later that night...The boxes were passed out by the family of the bride.



    Brought forward from page two... was this missed?
    PaulaG
    Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:51 am
    Forum Host
    [quote="Baby Kato"]
    Baby Kato wrote:


    Hi Paula,

    I have made and enjoyed very much Sesame Salt #495621 by katew

    This is the recipe that I picked for the Greek Wedding - Parting Gift Challenge. icon_lol.gif

    I placed these on the tables but since the little glass containers were breakable, they were placed in a cardboard box that was filled with tissue for transportation later that night...The boxes were passed out by the family of the bride.

    [/quote

    Brought forward from page two... was this missed?


    Yes it was. I do remember your post. I'm my phone at the moment. Will check and get back with you.
    rosie316
    Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:41 pm
    Forum Host
    PaulaG wrote:
    rosie316 wrote:
    For the Pink Panthers:
    Loaded Grecian #218796


    I'm sorry but I can not count this for the challenge. The challenge states:

    1. Select a recipe from All Players Cookbook - Greece to be used as a wedding favor. This recipe can be anything you can creatively package as a parting gift.
    2. Make the recipe and review it. Return to this thread and post when you have reviewed the recipe.
    3. In your post explain how you packaged the recipe for travel. The packaging is the parting gift from the wedding.


    Your post does not explain how you packaged the recipe for travel. The packaging is the parting gift.


    Good morning, everyone wave.gif
    I don't know if this will help, but I did post the packaging in the review (July 15th) and also the details for packaging on our team thread (page #19, July 15th). I did not realize I had to do it here also, but here is what I posted...


    Hi fellow Panthers wave.gif
    Okay... It's gotta be 5:00 somewhere. I'm letting my hair down!
    Would you all want to join me in a pitcher of BK's Loaded Grecian cocktail?
    This is my Greek Challenge completion report for the "Parting Gifts" challenge. I used some recycled, single serve size wine bottles (on the right) to make them transportable. I added red food color to the drinks and I removed the labels and hot glued flowers and ribbon to the little bottles!
    (It has been MERP'd. I'm going to post in the Challenge thread now. This was FUN!) rotfl.gif





    You should all try them... they are good! Thanks, BK! icon_biggrin.gif
    PaulaG
    Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:49 pm
    Forum Host
    Good afternoon Rosie. Last night when I looked at the recipe I did see your pretty picture with the packaging; however, the challenge did state:

    1. Select a recipe from All Players Cookbook - Greece to be used as a wedding favor. This recipe can be anything you can creatively package as a parting gift.
    2. Make the recipe and review it. Return to this thread and post when you have reviewed the recipe.
    3. In your post explain how you packaged the recipe for travel. The packaging is the parting gift from the wedding.


    You post in the thread a recipe number but you did not fulfill all the requirements for the challenge. In fairness to others playing, I could not give you credit for the challenge.

    Hope you understand. Paula
    rosie316
    Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:51 pm
    Forum Host
    PaulaG wrote:
    Good afternoon Rosie. Last night when I looked at the recipe I did see your pretty picture with the packaging; however, the challenge did state:

    1. Select a recipe from All Players Cookbook - Greece to be used as a wedding favor. This recipe can be anything you can creatively package as a parting gift.
    2. Make the recipe and review it. Return to this thread and post when you have reviewed the recipe.
    3. In your post explain how you packaged the recipe for travel. The packaging is the parting gift from the wedding.


    You post in the thread a recipe number but you did not fulfill all the requirements for the challenge. In fairness to others playing, I could not give you credit for the challenge.

    Hope you understand. Paula


    Thanks for the reply, Paula...
    I completely understand, I just missed the part about the "details" to be posted here.
    I feel so bad for my team... I let them down. icon_sad.gif
    I'm learning quickly, so hopefully I can redeem myself in Round #2.
    Have a great day, everyone!
    PaulaG
    Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:39 pm
    Forum Host
    rosie316 wrote:
    PaulaG wrote:
    Good afternoon Rosie. Last night when I looked at the recipe I did see your pretty picture with the packaging; however, the challenge did state:

    1. Select a recipe from All Players Cookbook - Greece to be used as a wedding favor. This recipe can be anything you can creatively package as a parting gift.
    2. Make the recipe and review it. Return to this thread and post when you have reviewed the recipe.
    3. In your post explain how you packaged the recipe for travel. The packaging is the parting gift from the wedding.


    You post in the thread a recipe number but you did not fulfill all the requirements for the challenge. In fairness to others playing, I could not give you credit for the challenge.

    Hope you understand. Paula


    Thanks for the reply, Paula...
    I completely understand, I just missed the part about the "details" to be posted here.
    I feel so bad for my team... I let them down. icon_sad.gif
    I'm learning quickly, so hopefully I can redeem myself in Round #2.
    Have a great day, everyone!


    We have all been new and all missed things along the way. If ever in doubt please ask someone on your team or the challenge host. We are all here to help when we can. Paula
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites