Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Menu Ideas & Help / Menu for Week of June 1 through June 7, 2013
    Lost? Site Map

    Menu for Week of June 1 through June 7, 2013

    Go to page 1, 2  Next Page >>
    Charmie777
    Fri May 31, 2013 2:12 pm
    Forum Host
    JUNE!!!!! Wow!!!! icon_eek.gif

    Well, last week definitely didn't go as planned. I had a great time in AZ but while I was there I got a cold. No big deal...until Wednesday! Yipes! It kicked me in the butt! So I didn't cook what I had planned these last few days, so the Mole will be making a reappearance on this week's menu.

    My eldest DS is coming home for a short visit Wednesday through Sunday this week. Excited!!!! I made a menu plan, but it really might all go to pot depending on his plans and how many people show up for dinner!!

    Here's my menu. Share yours!!

    Saturday - Going to a Anniversary party at the radio station that I got to make a guest appearance on last Fall. Then my youngest DS has a baseball game. Tex-Mex Corn Chip Chili might be made with some cornbread. But we'll see!

    Sunday - Middle DS has a baseball game and then making Parmesan Chicken Fingers or Filets with corn and mashed potatoes

    Monday - Slow Cooker Chicken Mole with rice and trimmings

    Tuesday- Easy Ham Carbonara with salad

    Wednesday - Slow-Cooker Boardwalk Italian Beef Sandwiches good for a late night meal when son rolls into town!

    Thursday - Ziti Pepperoni Casserole with salad and rolls

    Friday - leftovers, something that didn't get made earlier, or out to eat!
    SarasotaCook
    Fri May 31, 2013 4:33 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Well Gang ... I did smoke my chickens and pork on Monday; and had some of that, the rest in the freezer. Had 2 unexpected meals; and, one of my ladies gave me a gift card to a new place to try. And, tonight ... I'm going out! Happy hour, and just me. I like to check out new places by myself first.
    So this week, like you C, I hardly got anything made. Hopefully this week I can get a few more things made; but, I offered to help a friend w/catering, so not sure how it will play out.
    This is really rough and may change; still deciding on actually recipes
    ----------------------------------------------------
    FRI ... Happy hour, new place

    SAT ... Matinee movie (which I rarely do); but going with my g/f and kids. Dinner for just us - kids are at Grandmas
    Pasta w/lemon cream sauce, smoked chicken, basil and peas; honeydew and watermelon salad with mint

    SUN ... Lady #4: 3 meals to be delivered Mon am
    - Smoked chicken; classic spinach salad; corn on the cob
    - Spinach and cheese stuffed shells, w/tomato mushroom sauce; kale salad; garlic bread
    - Split pea soup w/ham; sweet potato biscuits; watermelon
    Me: BBQ pork sandwiches, topped with pickles, onions; chips and fruit

    MON ... Lady #1: hip surgery; so, a pot of soup (she loves creamy mushroom); loaf of bread; chicken salad, her favorite; probably fruit salad
    Lady #2: is staying with #1 to help out; emergency surgery is Sat
    Me: Work - and probably the boys treat, not sure

    TUES ...
    Shrimp salad over romaine/red leaf; stuffed hot peppers; fresh bread

    WED ...
    Ladies #1 and #2: Lady #1's family in town; and taking care of dinner for both of them
    Me: Smoked chicken quesadillas, w/avocado, cheese, onions; spicy black beans

    THURS ...
    Lady #4: TBD
    Me: Salmon or catfish (whatever is on sale); broccoli cauliflower salad; grilled potatoes

    FRI ...
    Ladies #1 and #2: Family, so not sure on the plan
    Me: Movie or poker night - The guys want to do my shrimp poblano or spicy black bean chili; corn bread stuffed jalapeno poppers; probably some dip or fruit
    Charmie777
    Fri May 31, 2013 5:01 pm
    Forum Host
    I like Sunday's meals for the ladies! Yum!
    SarasotaCook
    Fri May 31, 2013 5:25 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Charmie777 wrote:
    I like Sunday's meals for the ladies! Yum!

    Thx, really up in the air this week; but, enough is in the freezer and fridge, so I can mix and match.
    ellie_
    Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:14 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Charmie777 wrote:
    JUNE!!!!! Wow!!!! icon_eek.gif

    Well, last week definitely didn't go as planned. I had a great time in AZ but while I was there I got a cold. No big deal...until Wednesday! Yipes! It kicked me in the butt! So I didn't cook what I had planned these last few days, so the Mole will be making a reappearance on this week's menu.

    My eldest DS is coming home for a short visit Wednesday through Sunday this week. Excited!!!! I made a menu plan, but it really might all go to pot depending on his plans and how many people show up for dinner!!

    Here's my menu. Share yours!!

    Saturday - Going to a Anniversary party at the radio station that I got to make a guest appearance on last Fall. Then my youngest DS has a baseball game. Tex-Mex Corn Chip Chili might be made with some cornbread. But we'll see!

    Sunday - Middle DS has a baseball game and then making Parmesan Chicken Fingers or Filets with corn and mashed potatoes

    Monday - Slow Cooker Chicken Mole with rice and trimmings

    Tuesday- Easy Ham Carbonara with salad

    Wednesday - Slow-Cooker Boardwalk Italian Beef Sandwiches good for a late night meal when son rolls into town!

    Thursday - Ziti Pepperoni Casserole with salad and rolls

    Friday - leftovers, something that didn't get made earlier, or out to eat!


    we had the chicken mole last night and everyone loved it!
    ellie_
    Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:36 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Saturday: Grilled Chicken and Plantains, Jamaican-Style
    Sunday: Onion Pot Roast
    Monday: hot dogs and chips
    Tuesday: out with friends
    Wednesday: Easy Pepper Steak
    Thursday: fish, salad
    ratherbeswimmin'
    Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:33 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Wow, has been a busy past month. Step-son graduated from Annapolis. Helping getting him relocated to Pensacola for his first commission. Plus keeping up with the twins end of year stuff. One more week of school icon_biggrin.gif

    Here is the plan for this week, Mon-Fri:
    Monday-Chili With Tortilla Dumplings and salad

    Tuesday: Italian Omelet, grilled zucchini, salad and Granny's Banana Cream Pie

    Wednesday: Herbed Orange Roughy, roasted asparagus, Curried Cauliflower Bake and salad

    Thursday: Cajun Burgers, carrots/ranch dressing and salad

    Friday: Honey Garlic Pork Ribs, veggie stir-fry, baked sweet potato, and Fruit Ritas

    Work Lunches: Antipasto Salad and White Bean and Tuna Salad Sandwiches

    Breakfast: Hash Browns Ham Quiche

    Snacks: Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
    SarasotaCook
    Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:51 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I have a problem ... icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

    You guys are always so good with coming up with exact recipes every week. I have such a hard time doing that.

    I have no problem with the menu, and usually specific ingredients; but, I rarely get an exact recipe I am using until that day.

    I have over 1,000 recipes of my own, and god knows how many saved; and then cook books, but rarely use those.

    For instance; I can say an Italian salad with olives, tomatoes and a balsamic vinaigrette.
    But, that day ... I may see what else I have, artichokes; or even look up a new dressing to try. Then incorporate 2 different salads to make one.

    I admire you guys for being able to pick an actual recipe to make. I have such a hard time with that
    Charmie777
    Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:35 am
    Forum Host
    ellie_ wrote:
    Charmie777 wrote:
    JUNE!!!!! Wow!!!! icon_eek.gif

    Well, last week definitely didn't go as planned. I had a great time in AZ but while I was there I got a cold. No big deal...until Wednesday! Yipes! It kicked me in the butt! So I didn't cook what I had planned these last few days, so the Mole will be making a reappearance on this week's menu.

    My eldest DS is coming home for a short visit Wednesday through Sunday this week. Excited!!!! I made a menu plan, but it really might all go to pot depending on his plans and how many people show up for dinner!!

    Here's my menu. Share yours!!

    Saturday - Going to a Anniversary party at the radio station that I got to make a guest appearance on last Fall. Then my youngest DS has a baseball game. Tex-Mex Corn Chip Chili might be made with some cornbread. But we'll see!

    Sunday - Middle DS has a baseball game and then making Parmesan Chicken Fingers or Filets with corn and mashed potatoes

    Monday - Slow Cooker Chicken Mole with rice and trimmings

    Tuesday- Easy Ham Carbonara with salad

    Wednesday - Slow-Cooker Boardwalk Italian Beef Sandwiches good for a late night meal when son rolls into town!

    Thursday - Ziti Pepperoni Casserole with salad and rolls

    Friday - leftovers, something that didn't get made earlier, or out to eat!


    we had the chicken mole last night and everyone loved it!
    Yay!!! Wish it was my recipe so I could take all the credit! icon_cool.gif
    Charmie777
    Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:36 am
    Forum Host
    ellie_ wrote:
    Saturday: Grilled Chicken and Plantains, Jamaican-Style
    Sunday: Onion Pot Roast
    Monday: hot dogs and chips
    Tuesday: out with friends
    Wednesday: Easy Pepper Steak
    Thursday: fish, salad
    Let us know how the Grilled Chicken and Plantains, Jamaican-Style turns out. It looks good!
    Charmie777
    Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:39 am
    Forum Host
    ratherbeswimmin' wrote:
    Wow, has been a busy past month. Step-son graduated from Annapolis. Helping getting him relocated to Pensacola for his first commission. Plus keeping up with the twins end of year stuff. One more week of school icon_biggrin.gif

    Here is the plan for this week, Mon-Fri:
    Monday-Chili With Tortilla Dumplings and salad

    Tuesday: Italian Omelet, grilled zucchini, salad and Granny's Banana Cream Pie

    Wednesday: Herbed Orange Roughy, roasted asparagus, Curried Cauliflower Bake and salad

    Thursday: Cajun Burgers, carrots/ranch dressing and salad

    Friday: Honey Garlic Pork Ribs, veggie stir-fry, baked sweet potato, and Fruit Ritas

    Work Lunches: Antipasto Salad and White Bean and Tuna Salad Sandwiches

    Breakfast: Hash Browns Ham Quiche

    Snacks: Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
    The Cajun burgers look good. Interesting adding the cream cheese!
    Charmie777
    Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:41 am
    Forum Host
    SarasotaCook wrote:
    I have a problem ... icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

    You guys are always so good with coming up with exact recipes every week. I have such a hard time doing that.

    I have no problem with the menu, and usually specific ingredients; but, I rarely get an exact recipe I am using until that day.

    I have over 1,000 recipes of my own, and god knows how many saved; and then cook books, but rarely use those.

    For instance; I can say an Italian salad with olives, tomatoes and a balsamic vinaigrette.
    But, that day ... I may see what else I have, artichokes; or even look up a new dressing to try. Then incorporate 2 different salads to make one.

    I admire you guys for being able to pick an actual recipe to make. I have such a hard time with that
    A lot of the times I take the actual recipe and fiddle with it based upon what I have on hand, or our preferences. Kinda works out the same I think. I just like having a recipe to tag as a guide line.
    But then there are some recipes I follow exactly! icon_smile.gif
    ellie_
    Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:22 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Charmie777 wrote:
    SarasotaCook wrote:
    I have a problem ... icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

    You guys are always so good with coming up with exact recipes every week. I have such a hard time doing that.

    I have no problem with the menu, and usually specific ingredients; but, I rarely get an exact recipe I am using until that day.

    I have over 1,000 recipes of my own, and god knows how many saved; and then cook books, but rarely use those.

    For instance; I can say an Italian salad with olives, tomatoes and a balsamic vinaigrette.
    But, that day ... I may see what else I have, artichokes; or even look up a new dressing to try. Then incorporate 2 different salads to make one.

    I admire you guys for being able to pick an actual recipe to make. I have such a hard time with that
    A lot of the times I take the actual recipe and fiddle with it based upon what I have on hand, or our preferences. Kinda works out the same I think. I just like having a recipe to tag as a guide line.
    But then there are some recipes I follow exactly! icon_smile.gif

    that's basically how I do it too -- skipping or subbing in ingredients I don't have - but having a recipe gives me a plan. check the freezer and pantry to see what I have and then try to work from there.
    ellie_
    Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:38 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Charmie777 wrote:
    ellie_ wrote:
    Saturday: Grilled Chicken and Plantains, Jamaican-Style
    Sunday: Onion Pot Roast
    Monday: hot dogs and chips
    Tuesday: out with friends
    Wednesday: Easy Pepper Steak
    Thursday: fish, salad
    Let us know how the Grilled Chicken and Plantains, Jamaican-Style turns out. It looks good!


    this was very good and made for a fun meal!
    Charmie777
    Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:31 am
    Forum Host
    ellie_ wrote:
    Charmie777 wrote:
    ellie_ wrote:
    Saturday: Grilled Chicken and Plantains, Jamaican-Style
    Sunday: Onion Pot Roast
    Monday: hot dogs and chips
    Tuesday: out with friends
    Wednesday: Easy Pepper Steak
    Thursday: fish, salad
    Let us know how the Grilled Chicken and Plantains, Jamaican-Style turns out. It looks good!


    this was very good and made for a fun meal!
    Yay! I might just try it!
    Go to page 1, 2  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites