Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Food Photos Forum / Beef Veggie Soup+Pork Chop Gravy=Sort of Shepherd's Pie
    Lost? Site Map

    Beef Veggie Soup+Pork Chop Gravy=Sort of Shepherd's Pie

    Chef shapeweaver ©
    Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:52 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I took leftovers from Beef Vegetable and Barley Soup drained the liquid and
    added a few peas for extra color.I had some remaining gravy from
    Fried Pork Chops w/ gravy and mixed that in.
    Then topped with leftover mashed potatoes & French Fried Onions,then baked for about 30 minutes.
    It turned out really good.
    AskCy
    Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:24 am
    Food.com Groupie
    an exciting looking dish indeed....

    but I am very confused... I read "beef and veg" but near the front it looks like a shrimp/prawn... so confused was I , that I looked at the recipe to see if this was an ingredient. It turns out its not, but the recipe picture also looks like it has a prawn/shrimp in there... what is it ? icon_smile.gif

    Steve
    Chef shapeweaver ©
    Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:08 am
    Food.com Groupie
    AskCy wrote:
    an exciting looking dish indeed....

    but I am very confused... I read "beef and veg" but near the front it looks like a shrimp/prawn... so confused was I , that I looked at the recipe to see if this was an ingredient. It turns out its not, but the recipe picture also looks like it has a prawn/shrimp in there... what is it ? icon_smile.gif

    Steve

    Hi Steve,wave.gif
    It's a carrot trying to disguise itself as a
    prawn/shrimp. I think the carrot did a
    good job don't you ? icon_cool.gif
    AskCy
    Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:56 am
    Food.com Groupie
    it did an incredible job ! icon_lol.gif

    I wouldn't have guessed !

    Steve
    Chef shapeweaver ©
    Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:36 am
    Food.com Groupie
    AskCy wrote:
    it did an incredible job ! icon_lol.gif

    I wouldn't have guessed !

    Steve

    Hi Steve, wave.gif
    rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
    Zurie
    Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:05 am
    Forum Host
    icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif Interesting!!

    Now let's all sing, "I'm a lonely little shrimpy/ in a lovely beefy stew ..." to the tune of that oldie, "I'm a lonely little petunia/ in an onion patch ... "

    rotfl.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gif
    Debbwl
    Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:27 pm
    Forum Host
    Zurie wrote:
    icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif Interesting!!

    Now let's all sing, "I'm a lonely little shrimpy/ in a lovely beefy stew ..." to the tune of that oldie, "I'm a lonely little petunia/ in an onion patch ... "

    rotfl.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gif


    rotfl.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gif
    Debbwl
    Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:27 pm
    Forum Host
    Boy my Beef and Barley never looked like that
    Paymaster
    Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:09 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Great Photo.
    Love the colors!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif
    Chef shapeweaver ©
    Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:49 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Debbwl wrote:
    Boy my Beef and Barley never looked like that

    Hi Debbw, wave.gif
    Thank you for the compliment. icon_smile.gif
    Chef shapeweaver ©
    Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:51 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Paymaster wrote:
    Great Photo.
    Love the colors!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

    Hi Paymaster, wave.gif
    Thank you so very much. icon_biggrin.gif
    Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites