Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Community Cafe / Steubenville Rape Trial Verdict ~ Guilty
    Lost? Site Map

    Steubenville Rape Trial Verdict ~ Guilty

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3  Next Page >>
    Pot Scrubber
    Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:18 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Boo hoo. Cry me a bleeping river.

    They are thugs. Throw them in jail. They did it... they bragged about it on social media sites... they sent pictures and video of the assault to their friends... and then later tried to delete their posts. Guilty. Case closed.

    And now their attorney is saying that a 16yo does not have a fully developed brain and should not be held totally accountable? Boys will be boys mentality? Bullshit.

    Does that mean everyone under the age of 21 gets a free pass if they commit a violent crime because their brain is not fully developed?
    Lightly Toasted
    Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:18 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Deely wrote:




    Check out this article! icon_evil.gif

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/21/pennsylvania-child-molester-house/2007065/

    23 months! And he's allowed to move right back next door to that little girl. WTF


    I hope he and his dirtbag attorney die slow and agonizingly painful deaths. icon_mad.gif

    His attorney is right when he compares them living next to a toxic waste dump, though. Who would want to buy the house next door to a monster like that? icon_eek.gif icon_twisted.gif

    I hope that the parents are successful in winning (and actually collecting) some kind of restitution.
    Stella Mae
    Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:24 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    For those who don't think we need to rework our judicial system, think again. .... and murderers like Casey Anthony roam free. I'm delighted she's broke and unhappy, the po' widdle thing. I hope she and others like her, including these thugs, live miserable, horrible lives.
    Molly53
    Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:36 pm
    Forum Host
    *Z*
    Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:37 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Pot Scrubber wrote:
    Boo hoo. Cry me a bleeping river.

    They are thugs. Throw them in jail. They did it... they bragged about it on social media sites... they sent pictures and video of the assault to their friends... and then later tried to delete their posts. Guilty. Case closed.

    And now their attorney is saying that a 16yo does not have a fully developed brain and should not be held totally accountable? Boys will be boys mentality? Bullshit.

    Does that mean everyone under the age of 21 gets a free pass if they commit a violent crime because their brain is not fully developed?


    I need the LIKE button again!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree it's bullshit the whole not fully developed brain thing. They are developed enough to know right from wrong! Rape is wrong!
    I really think they need to develop a program to put into place in school to teach kids EXACTLY what rape is. Everything from a thug on the corner attacking a girl waiting for a bus, to a guy threatening to not take a girl home after a date unless she has sex with him, to having sex with a girl passed out from drinking or drugs or incapacitated by illness or injury. (I know guys can be raped too but for this purposes of this discussion I am using girls as an example)
    How would that lawyer like it if it was HIS daughter?!?!? icon_evil.gif
    Molly53
    Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:39 pm
    Forum Host
    Rape culture is when a group of athletes rape a young girl, but because it happens at a party where both sexes were drinking, complete strangers on the internet argue ferociously that she is to blame for being attacked. ...

    "Rape culture is when the Steubenville is far from the first instance of athletic clubs covering up sexual violence allegations. See: Sandusky, Michigan State 2010, Arizona State 2008, University of Colarado 2006, University of Iowa 2008, Lincoln High School 2012, University of Montana 2012, Marquette 2011, plus THIS RESEARCH (link) (and there’s more to find if you dig) ...

    "Rape culture is when politicians don’t understand how requiring a transvaginal ultrasound of a rape victim seeking an abortion is like raping her all over again.

    "Rape culture is when political candidates say that God sometimes intends rape, and that some girls just 'rape easy,' and that 'legitimate rape' does not result in pregnancy… and do not lose the backing of their party or party leaders. ...

    "Rape culture is when we spend all our time telling women to avoid being raped by modifying their behavior, inferring blame back onto the victim. ...

    "Rape culture is when we see ads like these on a far too frequent basis:

    "Rape culture is when you’re tired of hearing about 'rape culture' because it makes you uncomfortable, as your attempt to silence discourse on the subject means we never raise enough awareness to combat it – and that’s part of why it sticks around.

    "So yeah, I’m sorry you’re tired of hearing about it. But I wouldn’t expect us to shut up anytime soon. Nor should we."

    Read more here: http://rantagainsttherandom.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/so-youre-tired-of-hearing-about-rape-culture/


    Last edited by Molly53 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total
    Deely
    Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:43 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I truly believe in an higher power and karma, so I try not to let the ugliness of the world keep me down.



    I have to admit, it's getting pretty hard as of late. icon_cry.gif
    *Z*
    Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:44 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Molly53 wrote:
    Rape culture is when a group of athletes rape a young girl, but because it happens at a party where both sexes were drinking, complete strangers on the internet argue ferociously that she is to blame for being attacked. ...

    "Rape culture is when the Steubenville is far from the first instance of athletic clubs covering up sexual violence allegations. See: Sandusky, Michigan State 2010, Arizona State 2008, University of Colarado 2006, University of Iowa 2008, Lincoln High School 2012, University of Montana 2012, Marquette 2011, plus this research (and there’s more to find if you dig) ...

    "Rape culture is when politicians don’t understand how requiring a transvaginal ultrasound of a rape victim seeking an abortion is like raping her all over again.

    "Rape culture is when political candidates say that God sometimes intends rape, and that some girls just 'rape easy,' and that 'legitimate rape' does not result in pregnancy… and do not lose the backing of their party or party leaders. ...

    "Rape culture is when we spend all our time telling women to avoid being raped by modifying their behavior, inferring blame back onto the victim. ...

    "Rape culture is when we see ads like these on a far too frequent basis:

    "Rape culture is when you’re tired of hearing about 'rape culture' because it makes you uncomfortable, as your attempt to silence discourse on the subject means we never raise enough awareness to combat it – and that’s part of why it sticks around.

    "So yeah, I’m sorry you’re tired of hearing about it. But I wouldn’t expect us to shut up anytime soon. Nor should we."

    From: http://rantagainsttherandom.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/so-youre-tired-of-hearing-about-rape-culture/



    LIKE LIKE LIKE!!!!!!!
    Thanks you for this! I am going to post it on Facebook!
    Dib's
    Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:38 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Something to think about.

    When elections roll around I really don't worry about who is going to be President.

    I pay more attention to who the Senators and Congress members will be-the one's who represent my district.

    I pay the most attention to who is running for local elections, like Sheriff.
    That's a biggie for me.

    Who I really pay attention to is the Judges and the DA. I research for weeks and weeks. It's a pain but worth it. I want to know who is a hard ass and who is a light weight on crime good ole boy, so to speak. If he/she is a light weight on DWI's, thugs, rapists........I make sure I pass the word. Loudly.

    I want to be sure that the actual people responsible for keeping me, my family, and my community safe really are doing their job. That's where the difference starts, In My Opinion.

    President's come and go. The others......not so much if you and your community are not paying attention. We really can make a difference.
    Ann Marie F
    Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:06 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I think they should lock them up throw away the key! Put them in general population where they can find out what it's like to be raped!
    Molly53
    Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:44 pm
    Forum Host
    Speaking about advertising and rape culture, this was the proposed new advertisement for the Ford Figo, a hatchback made in India (home of the gang rape), which were posted online last week:



    While three posters were uploaded to (and removed from) Ads of the World, the one that has perhaps received the most attention features caricatures of three scantily-clad women with their hands and feet bound and their mouths gagged. In the driver's seat -- looking back and flashing a peace sign -- is a grinning man who looks a lot like Silvio Berlusconi, the embattled former Prime Minister of Italy. (Berlusconi is, of course, not only known for throwing wild "bunga bunga" sex parties, but is facing charges of paying for sex with an underage woman.)

    WPP expressed regret over the publication of the ads and said they should never have been created in the first place.

    "We deeply regret the publishing of posters that were distasteful and contrary to the standards of professionalism and decency within WPP Group," the statement said. "These were never intended for paid publication and should never have been created, let alone uploaded to the internet. This was the result of individuals acting without proper oversight and appropriate actions have been taken within the agency where they work to deal with the situation."

    Ford has this to say: “We deeply regret this incident and agree with our agency partners that it should have never happened,” Ford said in a statement, as reported by The Wall Street Journal. “The posters are contrary to the standards of professionalism and decency within Ford and our agency partners.”
    Stella Mae
    Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:09 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Nothing is going to change until the mentality/hearts of people change. We can pass laws until we're blue in the face, but until we regard everyone as equal and worthy of respect and safety -- that means women, gays, lesbians, the underprivileged . . .. all citizens! . ... these atrocities will continue. People must be held personally accountable for their actions. Otherwise the law means very little (as we see over and over) . ...
    Dissie
    Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:59 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    GA is very strict on child molesters or sex offenders. Have to serve 90% of their sentences and 10 years is the lowest they can receive for child molestation.

    They cannot live within so many feet of where children might be. Bus stops, it also includes regular school bus stops, churches, parks, schools. GA was taken to court over this because so many prisoners who came out, had to move. Many moved out of state. BOOHOO. I love that GA is so strict about this. I have moved since, but I agree on the force of their law. But it does have some things that need fixing. One kid got 10 years for sex with his girlfriend. She was 15 and he was 18. Parents filed and he wasnt a sex offender, he was a normal kid having sex with his girlfriend.
    Lightly Toasted
    Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:35 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Molly53 wrote:
    Speaking about advertising and rape culture, this was the proposed new advertisement for the Ford Figo, a hatchback made in India (home of the gang rape), which were posted online last week:



    While three posters were uploaded to (and removed from) Ads of the World, the one that has perhaps received the most attention features caricatures of three scantily-clad women with their hands and feet bound and their mouths gagged. In the driver's seat -- looking back and flashing a peace sign -- is a grinning man who looks a lot like Silvio Berlusconi, the embattled former Prime Minister of Italy. (Berlusconi is, of course, not only known for throwing wild "bunga bunga" sex parties, but is facing charges of paying for sex with an underage woman.)

    WPP expressed regret over the publication of the ads and said they should never have been created in the first place.

    "We deeply regret the publishing of posters that were distasteful and contrary to the standards of professionalism and decency within WPP Group," the statement said. "These were never intended for paid publication and should never have been created, let alone uploaded to the internet. This was the result of individuals acting without proper oversight and appropriate actions have been taken within the agency where they work to deal with the situation."

    Ford has this to say: “We deeply regret this incident and agree with our agency partners that it should have never happened,” Ford said in a statement, as reported by The Wall Street Journal. “The posters are contrary to the standards of professionalism and decency within Ford and our agency partners.”
    People need to be fired over this.
    Molly53
    Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:37 am
    Forum Host
    I'm with you.

    That's a lot of work for a prank. I don't believe for a second that this was the result of "unsupervised" ad artists. I think they were assigned this project and their company was deeply shocked at the negative reaction the art got.

    The ad executive that came up with this uber-bonehead concept is the one that should be fired, but I bet the peons did.
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites