Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Recipe Requests - General / Coconut Braised Pork Belly
    Lost? Site Map

    Coconut Braised Pork Belly

    kilimanj99
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:16 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    Hello,

    A few months ago I remember watching one of the reality cooking shows like top chef or masterchef or one of them (I watch them all) and the competitor made a coconut braised pork belly. The judges thought it was the best pork belly they ever had. For the life of me I cannot remember which show it was to find their recipe. I know there are a lot of recipes out there for this but I want this one. I have been searching you tube videos wiki episode recaps and for some reason I cannot find it. I know its not a lot to go on but if anyone remembers just the show name, episode, or competitors name (or at very least just remembers seeing it so I know I wasn't dreaming) I would be very grateful.

    Thanks
    1Steve
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:52 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    kilimanj99 wrote:
    Hello,

    A few months ago I remember watching one of the reality cooking shows like top chef or masterchef or one of them (I watch them all) and the competitor made a coconut braised pork belly. The judges thought it was the best pork belly they ever had. For the life of me I cannot remember which show it was to find their recipe. I know there are a lot of recipes out there for this but I want this one. I have been searching you tube videos wiki episode recaps and for some reason I cannot find it. I know its not a lot to go on but if anyone remembers just the show name, episode, or competitors name (or at very least just remembers seeing it so I know I wasn't dreaming) I would be very grateful.

    Thanks


    Here is a start:

    http://www.foodnrecipe.com/articles/2107/20120911/masterchef-season-3-episode-20-finale-recap.htm
    Dee514
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:00 pm
    Forum Host
    I was not able to find the recipe from Fox network's "Master Chef" show. (M C is not a Food Network show.)
    The recipe may only be available in the M C cookbook.
    I checked the index (on line) for the Master Chef season 3 cookbook - Kindle version, and that recipe is not listed. icon_sad.gif
    There is mention of a braised pork belly recipe that was served with a coconut sorbet for dessert - is it possible you thought the pork belly was braised in the coconut?
    If you have a bookstore near by, stop in and see of the actual print copy contains the recipe you want. icon_confused.gif
    As you said there are a lot of videos of Master Chef US Season 3 Episode 20 on line, and I'm not sure any of them contain the recipe. I didn't find the recipe on any of the M C blogs or reviews.
    kilimanj99
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:09 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    Thank you both. Yes MasterChef's Christina Ha was what I thought it was from, I could have sworn it was from that, but after watching the episode again I do not believe that was it. I vaguely remember or think it was a next food network star and they were in some ones house with 6 or 8 judges around a dining room table. For some reason I think the chairs were light tan cloth. Who knows why I think that...LOL
    1Steve
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:36 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Dee514 wrote:
    I was not able to find the recipe from Fox network's "Master Chef" show. (M C is not a Food Network show.)
    There is mention of a braised pork belly recipe that was served with a coconut sorbet for dessert - is it possible you thought the pork belly was braised in the coconut?


    Dee If you read the article I linked to above this line appears halfway down the page: "That said, I'm sure it tastes unbelievable. Coconut soda braised pork belly? A fried egg on top? That's what I want to eat every night of my life please." So I assume since the article is about the TV show, that it was cooked in coconut soda?
    Dee514
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:26 pm
    Forum Host
    1Steve wrote:
    Dee514 wrote:
    I was not able to find the recipe from Fox network's "Master Chef" show. (M C is not a Food Network show.)
    There is mention of a braised pork belly recipe that was served with a coconut sorbet for dessert - is it possible you thought the pork belly was braised in the coconut?

    Dee If you read the article I linked to above this line appears halfway down the page: "That said, I'm sure it tastes unbelievable. Coconut soda braised pork belly? A fried egg on top? That's what I want to eat every night of my life please." So I assume since the article is about the TV show, that it was cooked in coconut soda?

    Sorry 1Steve, I had read this description: "Christine went cooler and simpler with a cohesive menu. A Thai papaya salad that was refreshing, and balanced between spicy, sweet and salty, followed by a melt-in-your mouth good braised pork belly and rice dish, and a palate-cleansing coconut-lime sorbet." which I quoted from the Los Angeles Times article I read. I suppose a lot of the blogs I read also got their info from the LA Times, since I read similar descriptions all over the internet. icon_confused.gif
    Some of the blogs reported that the "braised pork belly was served on a bed of coconut rice," too. icon_confused.gif

    In any event, I still haven't located the recipe.
    kilimanj99
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:59 pm
    Newbie "Fry Cook" Poster
    Sorry 1Steve, I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT!!! thanks for pointing that out. Thanks all. Now to find the recipe or try to reproduce by watching and researching. If I get something good I'll post what I did or the recipe.

    Thanks again! icon_smile.gif
    E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites