Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Community Cafe - Archives / Award winning recipes - Have you ever won the Blue Ribbon?
    Lost? Site Map

    Award winning recipes - Have you ever won the Blue Ribbon?

    Chicagoland Chef du Jour
    Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:48 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I haven't personally won a prize but one of my recipes has.

    A friend entered my recipe for Award Winning "sorta" Green Chili in a cook off & won first place. icon_cool.gif
    Recipe Reader
    Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:03 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Thai Shrimp (chili) Soup is flower7's entry for a chili cookoff - it was a finalist and voted most memorable.
    We love it!
    Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
    Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:30 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    The reviewer on my Little Peanut Butter Party Tarts said they won first place!
    racrgal
    Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:47 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I won "blue ribbons" for three different recipes. Traditional Waldorf Astoria Red Velvet Cake, the "ribbon" was an adorable cooking mitt which had a fancy cake painted on it. Italian Creme Cake "ribbon" was a decorated cake pan. Best Ever Cookies, http://www.food.com/recipe/best-ever-cookies-309074 the "ribbon" was a pot holder with a cookie embroidered on it. Those "ribbons" hung in my kitchen for years because they were just plain cute!
    Sue Lau
    Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:57 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    racrgal wrote:
    I won "blue ribbons" for three different recipes. Traditional Waldorf Astoria Red Velvet Cake, the "ribbon" was an adorable cooking mitt which had a fancy cake painted on it. Italian Creme Cake "ribbon" was a decorated cake pan. Best Ever Cookies, http://www.food.com/recipe/best-ever-cookies-309074 the "ribbon" was a pot holder with a cookie embroidered on it. Those "ribbons" hung in my kitchen for years because they were just plain cute!

    I love Italian Cream Cake. yummy.gif
    I looked in your recipes but didn't see it. You should share the recipe!!!

    Unless it's some big secret.

    C'mon...share...you know you wanna! icon_cool.gif
    Dib's
    Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:12 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Deely
    Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:26 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I sent a few jars of Fig Preserves home to Wisconsin with DH's uncle.
    It won first place in the Butternut WI. county fair. icon_cool.gif
    Thank you Dib's!
    racrgal
    Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:57 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Sue Lau wrote:
    racrgal wrote:
    I won "blue ribbons" for three different recipes. Traditional Waldorf Astoria Red Velvet Cake, the "ribbon" was an adorable cooking mitt which had a fancy cake painted on it. Italian Creme Cake "ribbon" was a decorated cake pan. Best Ever Cookies, http://www.food.com/recipe/best-ever-cookies-309074 the "ribbon" was a pot holder with a cookie embroidered on it. Those "ribbons" hung in my kitchen for years because they were just plain cute!

    I love Italian Cream Cake. yummy.gif
    I looked in your recipes but didn't see it. You should share the recipe!!!

    Unless it's some big secret.

    C'mon...share...you know you wanna! icon_cool.gif


    It isn't any secret. I just thought there were probably enough Italian Cream Cake recipes. Guess I really should check.
    Sue Lau
    Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:36 am
    Food.com Groupie
    racrgal wrote:
    Sue Lau wrote:
    racrgal wrote:
    I won "blue ribbons" for three different recipes. Traditional Waldorf Astoria Red Velvet Cake, the "ribbon" was an adorable cooking mitt which had a fancy cake painted on it. Italian Creme Cake "ribbon" was a decorated cake pan. Best Ever Cookies, http://www.food.com/recipe/best-ever-cookies-309074 the "ribbon" was a pot holder with a cookie embroidered on it. Those "ribbons" hung in my kitchen for years because they were just plain cute!

    I love Italian Cream Cake. yummy.gif
    I looked in your recipes but didn't see it. You should share the recipe!!!

    Unless it's some big secret.

    C'mon...share...you know you wanna! icon_cool.gif


    It isn't any secret. I just thought there were probably enough Italian Cream Cake recipes. Guess I really should check.

    Well if yours is different, and obviously better because it won a prize, seems like it would stand head and shoulders above the rest.

    Besides, knowing it is a prize recipe sort of gives me an excuse to try it when it breaks my diet, because it is an extraordinary dessert after all.
    Just to be Italian cream cake would be enough, but then to give it a diamond tiara and a dozen red roses to walk the food.com runway, who can NOT try it? icon_smile.gif
    Pot Scrubber
    Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:43 am
    Food.com Groupie
    It isn't my recipe but my dear friend Bill Sjoblum submitted this in a cook-off at the Az State Fair and won first prize.

    He was the BEST back yard chef I have ever known. That man knew how to cook. RIP.
    Blue Ribbon Stuffed Mushrooms
    Dib's
    Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:36 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Deely wrote:
    I sent a few jars of Fig Preserves home to Wisconsin with DH's uncle.
    It won first place in the Butternut WI. county fair. icon_cool.gif
    Thank you Dib's!


    That's icon_cool.gif icon_cool.gif icon_cool.gif
    racrgal
    Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:48 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    "Besides, knowing it is a prize recipe sort of gives me an excuse to try it when it breaks my diet, because it is an extraordinary dessert after all.
    Just to be Italian cream cake would be enough, but then to give it a diamond tiara and a dozen red roses to walk the food.com runway, who can NOT try it?"

    icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif Now who can argue with logic like that? I promise my recipe will be forthcoming. Not sure just when as it's tax time.

    At risk of being a hijacker, not really though as the topic IS winning recipes, I'm going to tell a little story. I'll try to make it short.

    "Winning" recipes are often a matter of personal taste of the judges, especially the non professional contests. After moving to So Cal I entered my red velvet cake in a Bake Off at my new church. If you've made a red velvet cake, you know that sometimes it just turns out better than others AND the cooked frosting is always a challenge. Well, this particular day my cake turned out PERFECT! I placed the cake on top of a paper lace doilie on a crystal cake plate. It was beautiful.................. for a little while. I didn't know the event would be outside........ on an asphalt parking lot ................ that we would get unseasonably warm temps OR that there were a bazillion other happenings before the judging. As time went on the frosting started to weep a little. All that butter, ya know. My cake wasn't the only suffering in the heat but it still looked the best. Circumstances considered I wasn't the least bit disappointed by a second place ribbon UNTIL I found out more about the first place winner. I asked the winner for her recipe and laughed myself silly. She quietly said " It's box brownies!" Yep, my totally from scratch, glorious cake lost out to a non doctored BOX brownie mix. The running joke became either to put chocolate in it's own category or make sure the judges don't have PMS! icon_lol.gif
    Sue Lau
    Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:48 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Pot Scrubber wrote:
    It isn't my recipe but my dear friend Bill Sjoblum submitted this in a cook-off at the Az State Fair and won first prize.

    He was the BEST back yard chef I have ever known. That man knew how to cook. RIP.
    Blue Ribbon Stuffed Mushrooms

    You should retitle that recipe "Bill Sjoblum's Blue Ribbon Stuffed Mushrooms" or something with his name in it, in his remembrance.
    I know I would.
    racrgal
    Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:44 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Sue Lau wrote:
    Pot Scrubber wrote:
    It isn't my recipe but my dear friend Bill Sjoblum submitted this in a cook-off at the Az State Fair and won first prize.

    He was the BEST back yard chef I have ever known. That man knew how to cook. RIP.
    Blue Ribbon Stuffed Mushrooms

    You should retitle that recipe "Bill Sjoblum's Blue Ribbon Stuffed Mushrooms" or something with his name in it, in his remembrance.
    I know I would.


    Great idea!
    Pot Scrubber
    Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:20 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    racrgal wrote:
    Sue Lau wrote:
    Pot Scrubber wrote:
    It isn't my recipe but my dear friend Bill Sjoblum submitted this in a cook-off at the Az State Fair and won first prize.

    He was the BEST back yard chef I have ever known. That man knew how to cook. RIP.
    Blue Ribbon Stuffed Mushrooms

    You should retitle that recipe "Bill Sjoblum's Blue Ribbon Stuffed Mushrooms" or something with his name in it, in his remembrance.
    I know I would.


    Great idea!

    Thanks. I'll work on it after the weekend.
    grouphug.gif
    E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites