Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Middle East & North Africa / January 2013 ~ NA/ME Explores OMAN!
    Lost? Site Map

    January 2013 ~ NA/ME Explores OMAN!

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next Page >>
    Annacia
    Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:13 pm
    Forum Host
    icon_wink.gif
    Dienia B.
    Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Cookgirl wrote:
    Dienia B. wrote:
    and cook girl im trying to get my spark back , i havent really cooked since around thankgiving and looking up recipes usually gets me re engaged i tried posting some from old cook book but , nothing lol i get this stupid leg infection and you just feel kinda dumpy



    You have a limitless supply of recipes it seems. I always enjoying
    seeing what recipes you post.

    I'm testing a bread recipe today (it's Greek). Also, having that
    Omani chicken dish posted by threeovens for dinner later.
    i collect old cookbooks lol some of them my sis writes me REALLY? lol
    Elmotoo
    Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:32 pm
    Forum Host
    Annacia wrote:
    Cookgirl wrote:
    Could someone glance at this recipe: Chicken Kabouli (Muscat Style) and tell me
    how much rose water I should use? It's missing from the
    ingredient's list. Thanks!

    I sent a message to threeovens yesterday but haven't heard back.
    Starting the "pre pre-prep" icon_wink.gif cooking process here soon.


    Double thanks!

    cg


    1½ teaspoons saffron filaments, soaked in ¼ cup or 60ml rose water

    Ask and you shall receive icon_wink.gif


    did she edit the recipe today? it was there but i missed it the 1st 3 times i read it, too, until i saw annacia's post -

    3 cups basmati rice, washed and drained
    4 tablespoons sultanas or 4 tablespoons raisins
    1 1/2 teaspoons saffron threads, soaked in 1/4 cup rose water
    Directions:

    1
    Place the chicken and water in a large pot and bring to a boil; add cinnamon, spices, Omani spice mix and bouillon.
    2
    Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 30 minutes; remove chicken, then drain and reserve stock.
    Elmotoo
    Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:33 pm
    Forum Host
    Annacia wrote:
    Dienia B. wrote:
    Cookgirl wrote:
    I haven't helped at all with posting Omani recipes.
    I like to test recipes first before trying.

    I have made a few tags though. That should count!

    icon_redface.gif icon_razz.gif icon_lol.gif

    that is a smarter way to go cause you have worked bugs out, i keep swearing to myself thats what im going to do next time icon_rolleyes.gif icon_redface.gif


    Wouldn't it be great if we could get together and have a recipe testing weekend. icon_biggrin.gif


    YES YES YES!!!! My camp in Maine has 20+ bedrooms!! We can all meet there!!!
    Dienia B.
    Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:54 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    wish i could that sounds so fun icon_exclaim.gif icon_exclaim.gif icon_exclaim.gif
    Elmotoo
    Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:12 pm
    Forum Host
    UmmBinat wrote:
    Annacia wrote:
    Elmo, did you find this one here on Food: Palda

    My Omani recipe search of today led me back here to this one.

    I've added two more recipes this morning that aren't posting.


    Palda is Indian.


    A member from India submitted it as Omani - who am I to argue? added.
    Annacia
    Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:14 pm
    Forum Host
    Elmotoo wrote:
    Annacia wrote:
    Dienia B. wrote:
    Cookgirl wrote:
    I haven't helped at all with posting Omani recipes.
    I like to test recipes first before trying.

    I have made a few tags though. That should count!

    icon_redface.gif icon_razz.gif icon_lol.gif

    that is a smarter way to go cause you have worked bugs out, i keep swearing to myself thats what im going to do next time icon_rolleyes.gif icon_redface.gif


    Wouldn't it be great if we could get together and have a recipe testing weekend. icon_biggrin.gif


    YES YES YES!!!! My camp in Maine has 20+ bedrooms!! We can all meet there!!!


    20+ bedrooms??? Oh the possibilities icon_biggrin.gif
    Elmotoo
    Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:39 am
    Forum Host
    Annacia wrote:
    Elmotoo wrote:
    Annacia wrote:
    Dienia B. wrote:
    Cookgirl wrote:
    I haven't helped at all with posting Omani recipes.
    I like to test recipes first before trying.

    I have made a few tags though. That should count!

    icon_redface.gif icon_razz.gif icon_lol.gif

    that is a smarter way to go cause you have worked bugs out, i keep swearing to myself thats what im going to do next time icon_rolleyes.gif icon_redface.gif


    Wouldn't it be great if we could get together and have a recipe testing weekend. icon_biggrin.gif


    YES YES YES!!!! My camp in Maine has 20+ bedrooms!! We can all meet there!!!


    20+ bedrooms??? Oh the possibilities icon_biggrin.gif


    not all in 1 building but yes. on a lake. covered bbq area... indoor plumbing....a boat....loons....crickets....grocery store 30 minutes away, lol.
    UmmBinat
    Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:15 am
    Food.com Groupie
    NM I see you got your answer. We are back in Toronto!
    Annacia
    Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:20 pm
    Forum Host
    Elmotoo wrote:
    Annacia wrote:
    Elmotoo wrote:
    Annacia wrote:
    Dienia B. wrote:
    Cookgirl wrote:
    I haven't helped at all with posting Omani recipes.
    I like to test recipes first before trying.

    I have made a few tags though. That should count!

    icon_redface.gif icon_razz.gif icon_lol.gif

    that is a smarter way to go cause you have worked bugs out, i keep swearing to myself thats what im going to do next time icon_rolleyes.gif icon_redface.gif


    Wouldn't it be great if we could get together and have a recipe testing weekend. icon_biggrin.gif


    YES YES YES!!!! My camp in Maine has 20+ bedrooms!! We can all meet there!!!


    20+ bedrooms??? Oh the possibilities icon_biggrin.gif


    not all in 1 building but yes. on a lake. covered bbq area... indoor plumbing....a boat....loons....crickets....grocery store 30 minutes away, lol.


    What a perfect place for a meet up. Dreaming icon_biggrin.gif
    Annacia
    Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:21 pm
    Forum Host
    UmmBinat wrote:
    NM I see you got your answer. We are back in Toronto!


    You go back and forth a lot. Do you have both places fully equipped?
    UmmBinat
    Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Annacia wrote:
    UmmBinat wrote:
    NM I see you got your answer. We are back in Toronto!


    You go back and forth a lot. Do you have both places fully equipped?


    Most of my experimenting is done in Ottawa on just the family or the children and I. In Toronto I do recipes I already know are very good as I am cooking for a bunch and I want to impress.
    Annacia
    Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:25 pm
    Forum Host
    UmmBinat
    Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:26 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    All my appliances, spices and everything I need are in Toronto. In Ottawa I mainly buy what I need if I can. I don't have my full spice rack there for example.
    UmmBinat
    Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:26 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Annacia wrote:
    My last two recipes have posted:

    Banana Cake-Omani Style (With Variations) #493594
    Juz Al-Hind Cake - Coconut Cake from Oman #493597


    Are those the ones which didn't post at first???
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites