Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Middle East & North Africa / January 2013 ~ NA/ME Explores OMAN!
    Lost? Site Map

    January 2013 ~ NA/ME Explores OMAN!

    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next Page >>
    Elmotoo
    Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:37 pm
    Forum Host
    UmmBinat wrote:
    Here are a couple Omani recipes that were already posted on this website but are not in the cookbook.

    Omani Lamb Knuckle (Shanks) Soup (Mazza Bishurba)
    (Balalit, Saweeya or Seviyan) Sweet Vermicelli Breakfast


    Thank you!
    Elmotoo
    Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:08 pm
    Forum Host
    p.1 is updated to here. i'm not listing tags this month. i included the owners of all recipes under participants & sent them a 'please join us' zmail. icon_smile.gif
    UmmBinat
    Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:17 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Elmotoo wrote:
    UmmBinat wrote:
    I'm on it. I am using a phone to connect right now though. DH left us in Ottawa this week!


    wave.gif I love Ottawa!


    I love it too because it's home.
    UmmBinat
    Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:28 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Perfect Elmotoo.
    Annacia
    Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:48 pm
    Forum Host
    As-salamu alaykum everyone.

    I hope that we've all had a good day icon_biggrin.gif
    threeovens
    Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:01 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Thank you Elmotoo for the lovely z-mail and encouragement. I really needed that. I found some Omani recipes for chicken and rice:

    Chicken Kabouli (Al-Batena Style)
    Chicken Kabouli (Muscat Style)
    Chicken Kabouli (Interior Style)
    threeovens
    Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:54 am
    Food.com Groupie
    I thought you guys would enjoy this blurb from ths Nestle site:

    Amazing landscapes, scenic beaches, inspiring deserts, picturesque fields and cascading waterfalls fallen. Oman is a country that is truly beautiful. And so is its cuisine!

    When warm hospitality and delicious cuisine combine, a culinary treat is inevitable. Rice with chicken or beef, marinated with special spices, like 'qabuli with lamb meat' or lamb biryani, djaj foug el eish. Similarly succulent dishes include chicken with homos and vegetables, makboos chicken muscat style, chicken qabuli al battena style and chicken arssiya. And that's just the start of the journey to wonderful, irrestible world of taste.

    An Omani table will never be complete without seafood to create a spread that is truly rich in taste and nutrition. Fresh fish, shrimp, and the very finest bounties of the sea are prepared to delightful perfection. What makes Omani cuisine deliciously distinctive is the way it borrows Asian tastes and flavors and incorporates them into typical Omani dishes to make it appealing and appetizing to every palate.

    To enjoy an Omani meal is to taste the very essence of this beautiful country. Its healthy balance of vegetables, meat, and rice, is infused with the mouth-watering aromas, delicious tastes and appealing presentations make it a cuisine that is unmatched in flavor and nutrition. Truly, the people of Oman and their guests are favored with food!
    Elmotoo
    Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:00 am
    Forum Host
    threeovens wrote:
    Thank you Elmotoo for the lovely z-mail and encouragement. I really needed that. I found some Omani recipes for chicken and rice:

    Chicken Kabouli (Al-Batena Style)
    Chicken Kabouli (Muscat Style)
    Chicken Kabouli (Interior Style)


    Threeeovens, so glad you made it! Those recipes look delish - I'm not sure which to try first!
    Elmotoo
    Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:04 am
    Forum Host
    threeovens wrote:
    I thought you guys would enjoy this blurb from ths Nestle site:

    Amazing landscapes, scenic beaches, inspiring deserts, picturesque fields and cascading waterfalls fallen. Oman is a country that is truly beautiful. And so is its cuisine!

    When warm hospitality and delicious cuisine combine, a culinary treat is inevitable. Rice with chicken or beef, marinated with special spices, like 'qabuli with lamb meat' or lamb biryani, djaj foug el eish. Similarly succulent dishes include chicken with homos and vegetables, makboos chicken muscat style, chicken qabuli al battena style and chicken arssiya. And that's just the start of the journey to wonderful, irrestible world of taste.

    An Omani table will never be complete without seafood to create a spread that is truly rich in taste and nutrition. Fresh fish, shrimp, and the very finest bounties of the sea are prepared to delightful perfection. What makes Omani cuisine deliciously distinctive is the way it borrows Asian tastes and flavors and incorporates them into typical Omani dishes to make it appealing and appetizing to every palate.

    To enjoy an Omani meal is to taste the very essence of this beautiful country. Its healthy balance of vegetables, meat, and rice, is infused with the mouth-watering aromas, delicious tastes and appealing presentations make it a cuisine that is unmatched in flavor and nutrition. Truly, the people of Oman and their guests are favored with food!


    very interesting ~ thank you for sharing!
    Annacia
    Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:18 am
    Forum Host
    Welcome threeovens wave.gif

    It's wonderful to have you joining us, Thank you for sharing the recipes and information.
    Annacia
    Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:21 am
    Forum Host
    I have added a couple more recipes to the collection:

    Omani-Style Lamb #492978
    Omani Cashew Barfi #492981


    How is everyone today?
    Elmotoo
    Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:40 am
    Forum Host
    Annacia wrote:
    I have added a couple more recipes to the collection:

    Omani-Style Lamb #492978
    Omani Cashew Barfi #492981


    How is everyone today?

    Thank you, A!! Tired here...busy overnight after a busy day & busy today through the weekend as dd turns (GULP) SIXTEEN. icon_eek.gif
    Cookgirl
    Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 am
    Forum Host
    Reviewed and enjoyed for breakfast this morning!:

    Khabeesa (Omani Breakfast Item)

    Cookgirl
    Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:45 am
    Forum Host
    These new recipes you are submitting all sound so good!
    Annacia
    Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:56 am
    Forum Host
    Elmotoo wrote:
    Annacia wrote:
    I have added a couple more recipes to the collection:

    Omani-Style Lamb #492978
    Omani Cashew Barfi #492981


    How is everyone today?

    Thank you, A!! Tired here...busy overnight after a busy day & busy today through the weekend as dd turns (GULP) SIXTEEN. icon_eek.gif


    Will it be a big party? Got some friends you can call in to help prep?

    Sixteen is a big one. I got my first kiss at my sixteenth birthday party!
    Go to page << Previous Page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites