Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Menu Ideas & Help / Menu for Week of December 1 thru December 7, 2012
    Lost? Site Map

    Menu for Week of December 1 thru December 7, 2012

    Go to page 1, 2  Next Page >>
    Charmie777
    Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:38 pm
    Forum Host
    Hi menu pals!! I've been sick as a dog for 3 days, so not much menu planning has taken place.
    But starting the thread for you guys to post. I'll post shortly!
    mickeydownunder
    Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:13 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Charmie777 wrote:
    Hi menu pals!! I've been sick as a dog for 3 days, so not much menu planning has taken place.
    But starting the thread for you guys to post. I'll post shortly!


    Hope you feel better

    Sorry I started the thread but got the dates wrong...Will transfer my photo from there to here

    DOH

    I meant well and get better soon You and TWINIE are crook (ill) at the same time...not good HUGS from afar!
    mickeydownunder
    Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:14 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    G'day hope you don't mind Charmie! Is already the 30th here too! WHOO HOO!

    WHOO HOO this is a delish recipe I made based on Casa Barilla's recipe

    Simple, economical, LOVE the versatility too!

    Used ingredients I had on hand

    Now FANG is off to have lunch too! icon_smile.gif

    Hope you enjoy too!

    WHOO HOO



    zmail me if you want the recipe icon_smile.gif icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif
    Charmie777
    Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:26 pm
    Forum Host
    Lovely Mickey!
    Charmie777
    Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:32 pm
    Forum Host
    Had a fun week up until I got sick. Last Monday got together with my cousin who's from Virgina. So good to see old family. The Tuesday was my hubby's birthday. Had a good time, until excruciating pain hit me! Felt like a vice was wrapped around my chest. It was horrible! And it wouldn't stop. I knew it wasn't my heart, but had my DH take me to ER. They did all the normal stuff to rule out my heart. Then gave me a shot of morphine for the pain. They determined it was some kind of muscular spasm (I had had a less intense one about 2 weeks ago). My potassium was too low so they gave me some of that. Sent me home with some more pain meds. I was nauseous and had a major headache. Woke up in the morning with chills and headache and later low grade fever. Guess it was some sort of flu that I was probably mildly dehydrated and low potassium which made my muscle freak out. Ok, I'm complaining a lot. Sorry. But I'm finally feeling better today.
    Money is still tight, so more budget meals!!!

    Here's my menu for the week.

    Saturday - Mexican Vegetable Soup and Quesadillas - still haven't made it

    Sunday - Fish from freezer cooked by hubby. With potatoes and salad

    Monday - Chili Cheese Hot Dogs, salad (dogs in freezer)

    Tuesday - BBQ Pork in crock (on sale this week) with Baked Potatoes and corn

    Wednesday - Chile Verde Chimichangas (leftover chile verde in freezer), rice and beans

    Thursday - Leftovers from whatever

    Friday - Caramelized Onion Cheese Pizza and a plain cheese pizza, salad
    SarasotaCook
    Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:06 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    C - Sounds like a good plan for budget meals. I would enjoy any one of those. I'm so sorry you were so sick; I hate being sick. That would of scared the crap out of me. I have had a hoarse voice for 2 weeks, slowly getting better; but haven't got too sick, more my throat which is aggravating. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery.

    Still trying to use up some T-Day items I froze; making some soup, and trying to eat simple.
    My days could easily get changed up this week like last week.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SAT ...
    Soup Day: Apple celery soup
    Dinner: Creamy peas and pasta; ham slices; salad
    ----------
    SUN ...
    Me: V8 Crock Pot Beef Roast w/potatoes; roasted balsamic carrots; and harvesting tomatoes and lettuce from my garden - salad
    Lady #4: (delivery Mon am)
    Mac and cheese with ham, broccoli, and salad; her turkey leftovers to make creamed turkey with biscuits, peas and mushrooms; cream of potato and parsnip soup with roast beef salad sandwiches; also, chicken salad sandwiches
    ----------
    MON ...
    Lady #1 and #2: Pot of chili to take to a potluck
    Me: Apple celery soup; grilled ham and cheese sandwich
    ----------
    TUES ...
    Beef and potato hash (from Sun leftovers) w/fried egg; fruit
    ----------
    WED ...
    Lady #1 and #2: Mac and cheese with ham; peas; salad
    Me: Creamed turkey over biscuits; lemony green beans
    ----------
    THURS ...
    Lady #4:
    Me: Work, leftover soup, roast beef sandwich, or creamed turkey
    ----------
    FRI ...
    Lady #1 and #2: Card/Game Night - TBD
    Me: Mac and cheese with ham and broccoli; or, Shrimp over rice; salad
    mickeydownunder
    Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:30 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Charmie777 wrote:
    Had a fun week up until I got sick. Last Monday got together with my cousin who's from Virgina. So good to see old family. The Tuesday was my hubby's birthday. Had a good time, until excruciating pain hit me! Felt like a vice was wrapped around my chest. It was horrible! And it wouldn't stop. I knew it wasn't my heart, but had my DH take me to ER. They did all the normal stuff to rule out my heart. Then gave me a shot of morphine for the pain. They determined it was some kind of muscular spasm (I had had a less intense one about 2 weeks ago). My potassium was too low so they gave me some of that. Sent me home with some more pain meds. I was nauseous and had a major headache. Woke up in the morning with chills and headache and later low grade fever. Guess it was some sort of flu that I was probably mildly dehydrated and low potassium which made my muscle freak out. Ok, I'm complaining a lot. Sorry. But I'm finally feeling better today.
    Money is still tight, so more budget meals!!!

    Here's my menu for the week.

    Saturday - Mexican Vegetable Soup and Quesadillas - still haven't made it

    Sunday - Fish from freezer cooked by hubby. With potatoes and salad

    Monday - Chili Cheese Hot Dogs, salad (dogs in freezer)

    Tuesday - BBQ Pork in crock (on sale this week) with Baked Potatoes and corn

    Wednesday - Chile Verde Chimichangas (leftover chile verde in freezer), rice and beans

    Thursday - Leftovers from whatever

    Friday - Caramelized Onion Cheese Pizza and a plain cheese pizza, salad


    LOVE that pizza idea....and is always good to get things off one's chest....icon_smile.gif Glad you are feeling just that little bit better WHOO HOO

    Hope your day is a good one too!
    mickeydownunder
    Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:30 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    SarasotaCook wrote:
    C - Sounds like a good plan for budget meals. I would enjoy any one of those. I'm so sorry you were so sick; I hate being sick. That would of scared the crap out of me. I have had a hoarse voice for 2 weeks, slowly getting better; but haven't got too sick, more my throat which is aggravating. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery.

    Still trying to use up some T-Day items I froze; making some soup, and trying to eat simple.
    My days could easily get changed up this week like last week.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SAT ...
    Soup Day: Apple celery soup
    Dinner: Creamy peas and pasta; ham slices; salad
    ----------
    SUN ...
    Me: V8 Crock Pot Beef Roast w/potatoes; roasted balsamic carrots; and harvesting tomatoes and lettuce from my garden - salad
    Lady #4: (delivery Mon am)
    Mac and cheese with ham, broccoli, and salad; her turkey leftovers to make creamed turkey with biscuits, peas and mushrooms; cream of potato and parsnip soup with roast beef salad sandwiches; also, chicken salad sandwiches
    ----------
    MON ...
    Lady #1 and #2: Pot of chili to take to a potluck
    Me: Apple celery soup; grilled ham and cheese sandwich
    ----------
    TUES ...
    Beef and potato hash (from Sun leftovers) w/fried egg; fruit
    ----------
    WED ...
    Lady #1 and #2: Mac and cheese with ham; peas; salad
    Me: Creamed turkey over biscuits; lemony green beans
    ----------
    THURS ...
    Lady #4:
    Me: Work, leftover soup, roast beef sandwich, or creamed turkey
    ----------
    FRI ...
    Lady #1 and #2: Card/Game Night - TBD
    Me: Mac and cheese with ham and broccoli; or, Shrimp over rice; salad


    My American food idol TWINIE

    WHOO HOO!
    mickeydownunder
    Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:27 am
    Food.com Groupie
    BLT





    Got two thumbs up from DH WHOO HOO

    Hope you enjoy too!
    ellie_
    Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:43 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Charmie - hope you are feeling better.

    Saturday: out to eat
    Sunday: Roast Chicken Drumsticks and Vegetables
    Monday: Lamb and Sweet Potato Slow-Cooker Casserole Aust Ww 4 Pnts
    Tuesday: out with friends
    Wednesday: ?
    Thursday: Bird's Creamy Egg Noodle and Beef Casserole (Lite-Bleu)
    Friday: fish/salad
    ratherbeswimmin'
    Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:21 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Good morning to all. House is decorated and most of Christmas shopping is done. Just some present wrapping and cooking to do. Love this time of year.

    Here is the plan Mon-Fri:
    Monday: Basketball game night--Pineapple-Turkey Sandwich, chips and dill pickle spears

    Tuesday: pm swim meet--Ann Lander's Meatloaf, steamed broccoli, baked sweet potato and salad

    Wednesday: Slow-Simmered Spaghetti Sauce over spaghetti, roasted asparagus, salad, and Harvest Pumpkin Cheesecake

    Thursday: after school swim meet--Chili Blanco, salad, and cornbread

    Friday: Eat Out; having friends over for Christmas Movie night--Eggnog Martini

    Work Lunches: Golden Onion Soup w/ cheese toasts and Shrimp and Potato Salad

    Breakfast: Eggnog Bread

    Snacks: Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
    ratherbeswimmin'
    Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:23 am
    Food.com Groupie
    Charmie777 wrote:
    Had a fun week up until I got sick. Last Monday got together with my cousin who's from Virgina. So good to see old family. The Tuesday was my hubby's birthday. Had a good time, until excruciating pain hit me! Felt like a vice was wrapped around my chest. It was horrible! And it wouldn't stop. I knew it wasn't my heart, but had my DH take me to ER. They did all the normal stuff to rule out my heart. Then gave me a shot of morphine for the pain. They determined it was some kind of muscular spasm (I had had a less intense one about 2 weeks ago). My potassium was too low so they gave me some of that. Sent me home with some more pain meds. I was nauseous and had a major headache. Woke up in the morning with chills and headache and later low grade fever. Guess it was some sort of flu that I was probably mildly dehydrated and low potassium which made my muscle freak out. Ok, I'm complaining a lot. Sorry. But I'm finally feeling better today.
    Money is still tight, so more budget meals!!!

    Here's my menu for the week.

    Saturday - Mexican Vegetable Soup and Quesadillas - still haven't made it

    Sunday - Fish from freezer cooked by hubby. With potatoes and salad

    Monday - Chili Cheese Hot Dogs, salad (dogs in freezer)

    Tuesday - BBQ Pork in crock (on sale this week) with Baked Potatoes and corn

    Wednesday - Chile Verde Chimichangas (leftover chile verde in freezer), rice and beans

    Thursday - Leftovers from whatever

    Friday - Caramelized Onion Cheese Pizza and a plain cheese pizza, salad


    Glad you are feeling better, C. Menu looks super
    Charmie777
    Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:25 am
    Forum Host
    mickeydownunder wrote:
    BLT





    Got two thumbs up from DH WHOO HOO

    Hope you enjoy too!
    I love BLT's!!!! MMMM
    Charmie777
    Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:26 am
    Forum Host
    ellie_ wrote:
    Charmie - hope you are feeling better.

    Saturday: out to eat
    Sunday: Roast Chicken Drumsticks and Vegetables
    Monday: Lamb and Sweet Potato Slow-Cooker Casserole Aust Ww 4 Pnts
    Tuesday: out with friends
    Wednesday: ?
    Thursday: Bird's Creamy Egg Noodle and Beef Casserole (Lite-Bleu)
    Friday: fish/salad
    MMM Bird's Creamy Egg Noodle and Beef Casserole (Lite-Bleu)!
    Charmie777
    Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:27 am
    Forum Host
    SarasotaCook wrote:
    C - Sounds like a good plan for budget meals. I would enjoy any one of those. I'm so sorry you were so sick; I hate being sick. That would of scared the crap out of me. I have had a hoarse voice for 2 weeks, slowly getting better; but haven't got too sick, more my throat which is aggravating. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery.

    Still trying to use up some T-Day items I froze; making some soup, and trying to eat simple.
    My days could easily get changed up this week like last week.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SAT ...
    Soup Day: Apple celery soup
    Dinner: Creamy peas and pasta; ham slices; salad
    ----------
    SUN ...
    Me: V8 Crock Pot Beef Roast w/potatoes; roasted balsamic carrots; and harvesting tomatoes and lettuce from my garden - salad
    Lady #4: (delivery Mon am)
    Mac and cheese with ham, broccoli, and salad; her turkey leftovers to make creamed turkey with biscuits, peas and mushrooms; cream of potato and parsnip soup with roast beef salad sandwiches; also, chicken salad sandwiches
    ----------
    MON ...
    Lady #1 and #2: Pot of chili to take to a potluck
    Me: Apple celery soup; grilled ham and cheese sandwich
    ----------
    TUES ...
    Beef and potato hash (from Sun leftovers) w/fried egg; fruit
    ----------
    WED ...
    Lady #1 and #2: Mac and cheese with ham; peas; salad
    Me: Creamed turkey over biscuits; lemony green beans
    ----------
    THURS ...
    Lady #4:
    Me: Work, leftover soup, roast beef sandwich, or creamed turkey
    ----------
    FRI ...
    Lady #1 and #2: Card/Game Night - TBD
    Me: Mac and cheese with ham and broccoli; or, Shrimp over rice; salad

    Beef and potato hash sounds good.
    Go to page 1, 2  Next Page >> E-mail me when someone replies to this
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites