Recipe Sifter

X
  • Start Here
    • Course
    • Main Ingredient
    • Cuisine
    • Preparation
    • Occasion
    • Diet
    • Nutrition
1

Select () or exclude () categories to narrow your recipe search.

2

As you select categories, the number of matching recipes will update.

Make some selections to begin narrowing your results.
  • Calories
  • Amount per serving
    1. Total Fat
    2. Saturated Fat
    3. Polyunsat. Fat
    4. Monounsat. Fat
    5. Trans Fat
  • Cholesterol
  • Sodium
  • Potassium
  • Total Carbohydrates
    1. Dietary Fiber
    2. Sugars
  • Protein
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Vitamin C
  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Vitamin E
  • Magnesium
  • Alcohol
  • Caffeine
  • Find exactly what you're looking for with the web's most powerful recipe filtering tool.

    You are in: Home / Community Forums / Crafters' Corner / Info needed please
    Lost? Site Map

    Info needed please

    Go to page 1, 2  Next Page >>
    K9 Owned
    Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:03 pm
    Forum Host
    I have, what I think is an awesome idea for a seasons greeting card. I'm not craftsy but would like to make what I visualise. Does anyone know what soft ware I might need outside of the basic Windows 7 software? Free downloads are cool too. icon_smile.gif

    TIA
    Cookgirl
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:27 pm
    Forum Host
    I am *not* computer savvy. Wish I could help you, K9!

    icon_redface.gif
    K9 Owned
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:34 pm
    Forum Host
    No worries Cookgirl. I can google card making and see where that takes me. It also turns out that the idea that seems so brilliant last night (wine was involved) seems rather lame today. icon_lol.gif
    Cookgirl
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:45 pm
    Forum Host
    I think in our neck of the woods they call that idea "totally sucky".


    icon_lol.gif
    K9 Owned
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:05 pm
    Forum Host
    Yeah, that would apply too. icon_wink.gif
    Cookgirl
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:06 pm
    Forum Host
    No, I think it's a great idea!
    Mimi in Maine
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:46 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Molly asked if I could respond to this. Sorry, I don't know much about artsy software. I do most of my own artwork myself the old way....with my hand (smile). Hope you find what you would like.

    Happy Thanksgiving, all.............
    K9 Owned
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:51 pm
    Forum Host
    Mimi in Maine wrote:
    Molly asked if I could respond to this. Sorry, I don't know much about artsy software. I do most of my own artwork myself the old way....with my hand (smile). Hope you find what you would like.

    Happy Thanksgiving, all.............

    Thanks for answering Mimi. I'd love to be able to make them by hand but seriously I cannot draw to save my life. I envy and admire those that can. icon_smile.gif
    Mimi in Maine
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:04 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    Do you have any leftover cards from last year that you could cut and paste? Or, do you have any holiday paper plates or napkins and you could collage? Or old wallpaper books? Or old postcards that you can buy on ebay or antique shops? They make gorgeous cards. They also make great tags for gifts. I love old Christmas postcards. I wish you the best.
    K9 Owned
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:09 pm
    Forum Host
    Mimi in Maine wrote:
    Do you have any leftover cards from last year that you could cut and paste? Or, do you have any holiday paper plates or napkins and you could collage? Or old wallpaper books? Or old postcards that you can buy on ebay or antique shops? They make gorgeous cards. They also make great tags for gifts. I love old Christmas postcards. I wish you the best.

    You just gave me a great idea! I'm fairly sure I can find the type of images I want from old cards or gift wrap - I can make a collage and scan it to my computer and go from there. icon_cool.gif

    Thanks so much!
    Susan Lee
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:17 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    I am not a "technology" person...I do everything by hand - old school! I know there are many tech-savvy people here! Good luck!
    K9 Owned
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:22 pm
    Forum Host
    Susan the old school way is wonderful. I'd love to get a hand painted card but if I were to send them the recipient would wonder if I had let my dogs loose with finger paint. icon_rolleyes.gif

    I can paint a house, build a cabinet, refinish furniture and make the best Moussaka I have ever had but cannot paint a picture or draw to save my life. icon_sad.gif
    Mimi in Maine
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:23 pm
    Food.com Groupie
    K9 Owned wrote:
    Mimi in Maine wrote:
    Do you have any leftover cards from last year that you could cut and paste? Or, do you have any holiday paper plates or napkins and you could collage? Or old wallpaper books? Or old postcards that you can buy on ebay or antique shops? They make gorgeous cards. They also make great tags for gifts. I love old Christmas postcards. I wish you the best.

    You just gave me a great idea! I'm fairly sure I can find the type of images I want from old cards or gift wrap - I can make a collage and scan it to my computer and go from there. icon_cool.gif

    Thanks so much!


    That is a great idea. I am not great with the computer. It would take me forever to do that, but if you know how, please post what you do so we all can see it. I was going to post something I made last year but I forgot how to post a photo. I don't even know if I have a photo, but could take one but then the next problem icon_redface.gif icon_redface.gif is to get it on the computer. Woe is me........... Best to you.
    Molly53
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:37 pm
    Forum Host
    K9 Owned wrote:
    Susan the old school way is wonderful. I'd love to get a hand painted card but if I were to send them the recipient would wonder if I had let my dogs loose with finger paint. icon_rolleyes.gif

    I can paint a house, build a cabinet, refinish furniture and make the best Moussaka I have ever had but cannot paint a picture or draw to save my life. icon_sad.gif
    Hey, don't knock finger painting, K9! Look what just sold for a record:
    K9 Owned
    Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:37 pm
    Forum Host
    Mimi right now it is just a germ of an idea. I'm thinking of taking whatever paper one uses for collages and just gluing images all over it for the front of the card. My printer also scans and copies so once I have the 'cover' the way I want it I can scan it to my picture library on my computer. I will look up card making because I am sure there is some format available somewhere on the web I can use. What I will need is the images on half the sheet of card stock (or whatever) - picture a piece of printing paper horizontal versus the normal vertical with a design or images only on the right hand side of the paper. You should be able to print off a bunch like that and them turn the paper over and write (type) your message on the right hand side again. Once folded over it should look like a card.

    I'll play with it for a few days and be back. icon_smile.gif
    Go to page 1, 2  Next Page >> Stop sending e-mails when someone replies
    Add this to My Favorite Topics
    Alert us of inappropriate posts

    Free Weekly Newsletter

    Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox.

    Your e-mail is safe. Privacy Policy
    Advertisement

    Ideas from Food.com

    Powered by phpBB 2.0.1 © 2002 phpBB Group

    Over 475,000 Recipes

    Food.com Network of Sites